"Significantly more homes in Wildwood"

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2015, 03:58 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
A legitimate argument for the bridge and trees can be made both ways, but if 110,000 Villagers pony up $14 each, problem is solved. I doubt there will be an epidemic of bankruptcies over that, in fact, hardly worth arguing over.
As for me, I'd rather pay my $14 than end up with a car or cart underwater, and trees do provide oxygen.

It is only the districts south of CR466 that are being asked to 'pony up'.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:12 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmemac View Post
All this will be a benefit to the developers for sure-what benefit is it to the rest of us??? I for one will miss seeing the cows and the rural like setting!!! At this point I think some would call it greed/??
If you want to look at pasture and be in a rural setting, it probably wasn't a good idea to buy a house surrounded on 3-4 sides by other houses on 1/10th or 1/5th of an acre lots having city water, sewer, curbing etc. The density has always been known to buyers here, and the wise ones know that as we age, we need easy socialization with others, to avoid loneliness that research now shows worsens debilitation.

As for "greed", I don't think its greedy to build for people clamoring at the doors and on the phone that are coming with cash in hand to buy. This is a stable economy because of the residents who manage their money well, as does the developer.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

That makes little sense---residents north of 466 don't use the bridge, breathe the air, or admire the scenery?????
Old 03-26-2015, 04:22 PM
Gold member

Quote:
A legitimate argument for the bridge and trees can be made both ways, but if 110,000 Villagers pony up $14 each, problem is solved. I doubt there will be an epidemic of bankruptcies over that, in fact, hardly worth arguing over.
As for me, I'd rather pay my $14 than end up with a car or cart underwater, and trees do provide oxygen.
Minnesota relatives of those who died or were maimed in the 2007 bridge collapse on I-35w probably wish somebody had proposed a solution costing county/state residents $14 each.

https://www.google.com/search?q=minn...ml%3B611%3B404
Old 03-26-2015, 04:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
In the 15 years that I have lived here, residents have never been asked to pay for repairs, etc to district owned facilities. In the past few months, residents in districts 5 through 10 are being told they must pay up to $1.5 million to shore up the Morse Blvd bridge and $50,000 to replace trees on Lake Miona Drive.

IMO: In the past, Gary Morse would have stepped up to the plate and paid these expenses. (This is only my opinion, based on 15 years of observing). There is no way to know for sure.
I don't recall reading or hearing that anyone would have to pay out of their pocket. The District sets aside money for repairs etc. I think this is just another misunderstanding. I haven't got a bill, have you? I am pretty sure I won't either. Let's wait and see before all this sturm und drang.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:18 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I don't recall reading or hearing that anyone would have to pay out of their pocket. The District sets aside money for repairs etc. I think this is just another misunderstanding. I haven't got a bill, have you? I am pretty sure I won't either. Let's wait and see before all this sturm und drang.

It's doubtful that any resident will get a 'bill', but when $1.5 million plus $50,000 is spent on this, it's not there for other things.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:28 PM
Sage

Perhaps, but in the end the bridge HAS to be fixed, unless TV residents are up for a game of Lake Sumter roulette.
So, choices are:
1) the developer pays
2) the residents pay
3) the developer goes to the bank, which I doubt is necessary

I have no idea of the cost of "other things", but if a cost offset is needed, perhaps digging up and changing the flowers could be done every 4 months instead of every 3--wonder what the savings would be?, and I doubt it would even be noticeable
Old 03-26-2015, 05:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Bonus is if you really feel duped you can sell your house fairly quickly
Old 03-26-2015, 06:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Perhaps, but in the end the bridge HAS to be fixed, unless TV residents are up for a game of Lake Sumter roulette.
So, choices are:
1) the developer pays
2) the residents pay
3) the developer goes to the bank, which I doubt is necessary

I have no idea of the cost of "other things", but if a cost offset is needed, perhaps digging up and changing the flowers could be done every 4 months instead of every 3--wonder what the savings would be?, and I doubt it would even be noticeable
The changing landscaping of the common areas is one of the selling points of this place and when we have guests it is always noticed. Of course maybe they could cut back on how the golf courses are maintained, or the pools cleaned, etc. I'm sure there is a portion of the population that would doubt it would be that noticeable. Everything here has their constituency and I think TV does a great job of taking care of all of them. By the way, if they want to send me a bill for $14.00 I would be happy to pay it.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-26-2015, 06:13 PM
Sage

which was my point in the first place. most Villagers paid 200k-800K for their homes, why all the hoopla over 14, or 22, or 29 dollars
Old 03-26-2015, 06:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT2TV View Post
If they did they, I hope they said something, like I am doing. But thanks for the friendly, helpful comment. You may live in an area where you are not affected, and obviously have no empathy for those that are.
You should have antisipated the beating. I am also concerned with impact on resale with so much growth. People are paying $300,000 and more for homes that would cost $150,000 anywhere else. That is a big premium for the "lifestyle". Hopefully our concerns are unfounded and lifestyle will remain worth the investment. Keep posting.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmemac View Post
All this will be a benefit to the developers for sure-what benefit is it to the rest of us??? I ifor one will miss seeing the cows and the rural like setting!!! At this point I think some would call it greed/??
I would call it a good business decision by an expert realestate developer. Why the dig about greed?

The property will be developed sooner rather than later by someone and I would prefer the Villages organization rather than any other.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
It's doubtful that any resident will get a 'bill', but when $1.5 million plus $50,000 is spent on this, it's not there for other things.
My understanding is that the money will come from the PWA account which is funded by the resident CDDs south of 466. I think that's where the confusion comes from where people think they could be assessed for the funds. I think the PWA is funded from the CDD maintenance fee we pay with our annual tax bill. Now, that could mean that fee gets increased next year to replenish the account.

But it shouldn't affect the amenity funding as it is separate.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licismom View Post
"They paved Paradise and put up a parking lot!"
And the point is?
Old 03-26-2015, 06:49 PM

I won't be too concerned about it until they start building "bunk houses". On top is too close. :-)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.