Signs on lawn

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2015, 02:38 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naneiben View Post
Agree. I don't remove them but think they look stupid. I guess I thought maybe people leave them in to discourage dogs??
I dunno... I had a dog and his reading skills were somewhat lacking...

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn
Old 02-23-2015, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHMAN View Post
I'm not sure about signs for contractors doing work but I truly hate all those lawn spraying signs!!! I believe The Villages mgmt. should make the company come back the next day and pick them up. That would solve the problem. I can never understand why residents leave them out to litter the neighborhood. I pick many of them off the curb on my daily walks just to make the streets look better. You don't get any better deal by leaving them out there so please get rid of them ASAP.
Those lawn spraying signs alert the public that walks their dogs and grandparents that walks with their grandkids that chemicals have been sprayed on that lawn and for their safety to stay off of it.

Unfortunately, as ugly as they may be, they are necessary for a couple of days.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Those lawn spraying signs alert the public that walks their dogs and grandparents that walks with their grandkids that chemicals have been sprayed on that lawn and for their safety to stay off of it.

The company that sprays our lawn says it is ok to let the dog walk on the lawn after it has been dry for 1 hour. Personally I believe you are correct. As a result we wipe our dog's feet with inexpensive baby wipes whenever he comes in. He is confined to our yard by an invisible fence.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryh1943 View Post
Community Watch cannot remove then on your property.
Not so, community watch pulled ours up and put them on our front porch with a note that the contractor needed to pick them up. Needless to say they did not sign the note but it is good I did not actually catch them while they were removing them. They were trespassing and had no right or authority to put them on our porch.

Signs south of 466A at least are allowed while the work is in progress but have to be removed as soon as the job is finished per the official rules. As with all the many rules apparently some can get by with leaving them and some cannot. We felt fairly certain it was another landscaper that called in a complaint in our case.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
That's good to know. Most of the people here have no idea what you're talking about, though.
I am one of those who do not knows what this means! explain?

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2015, 09:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Lawn Care signs.....I leave them for 48 hours then pull them and put them in the trash. Because they are so large it takes at least 1 minute to accomplish the task.....followed by a nap. I give contractors the same consideration...tell them that the signs will be removed and thrown in the trash if they are not removed in 24 hours. If I'm not satisfied with their work I will leave them for at least 48 hours with my sign that I am not satisfied with the work of "this contractor" with an arrow pointing to their sign. So far, haven't had to use that sign.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-23-2015, 09:41 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

We received a written letter by The Villages that they received a complaint about the landscaping sign we had in our front yard (against our house) and that we needed to remove the sign. We didn't really have an issue with that. I agree signs can be distracting. Landscaping was complete... we live below 466A.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Community watch would not/should not remove your sign but they can give you a notice asking you to remove it.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:56 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepingItReal View Post
Not so, community watch pulled ours up and put them on our front porch with a note that the contractor needed to pick them up. Needless to say they did not sign the note but it is good I did not actually catch them while they were removing them. They were trespassing and had no right or authority to put them on our porch.

Signs south of 466A at least are allowed while the work is in progress but have to be removed as soon as the job is finished per the official rules. As with all the many rules apparently some can get by with leaving them and some cannot. We felt fairly certain it was another landscaper that called in a complaint in our case.
I do believe you are incorrect, as Community Watch does not have any jurisdiction over such issues, nor has anything to do with signage. It is Community Standards which remove signs. I know I had one out for about 3 hours and Community Standards came by and told me it had to be removed.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
I am one of those who do not knows what this means! explain?

Thanks!
Castle doctrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 02-23-2015, 11:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatic Luvr View Post
I do believe you are incorrect, as Community Watch does not have any jurisdiction over such issues, nor has anything to do with signage. It is Community Standards which remove signs. I know I had one out for about 3 hours and Community Standards came by and told me it had to be removed.
I am not incorrect, this was Jan 2012....there is no doubt. I cannot speak to your experience just as you cannot speak to mine. Community watch were and probably still are the errand boys for community standards.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

No, the signs are only necessary for about an hour or so -- only until the grass is dry.
If it rains right after, no problem there either.
Whatever had been sprayed is no longer on the blades of grass.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepingItReal View Post
I am not incorrect, this was Jan 2012....there is no doubt. I cannot speak to your experience just as you cannot speak to mine. Community watch were and probably still are the errand boys for community standards.
While our neighborhood was under construction Community Watch did give out notices of infractions. After build out it was enforced by community standards.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,503 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

I respect the second amendment.

But bringing up the Castle Doctrine when it comes to a sign is not relevant.

We have deed restrictions that say you cannot have a sign in your yard. You will get a LETTER to remove it and if you don't you will be fined.

After you move in and live here for awhile you will see that things are fine and you don't have to talk about Castle Doctrine, not even if someone cuts through your property heading to the pool .

You may even wave and say hi. This is a nice place to live. We aren't in Sanford.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:13 PM

I saw a Villages Relator take 2 open house signs from my neighbor's house.....he called the Villages Real Estate folks and someone made the Relator bring them back to the house......most likely because I saw them do it....and wrote down the tag number.....Clearly no one knows who's doing many of the break ins so we best keep an eye out for all our neighbors.....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.