silver lake

Closed Thread
Old 08-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to kregski
Default silver lake

can some one tell me about silver lake and country club hills? are these areas nice? I like the manufactored homes ,I dont think they have bonds to be paid . are the taxes higher? how bout insurance? tanks....kregski!
Old 08-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Default Re: silver lake

My husband and I moved to Country Club Hills in June 2006. A few of the reasons we chose the historic side of the Villages are mature landscaping, very few neighborhood covenants, no bond in Lake County, and the close proximity to lots of shopping. The downside is it can be hard to get insurance on manufactured housing, but there are some site built houses here as well. I suggest if you are considering a manufactured house contact
Foremost Insurance. We found them to be reasonable and they give discounts to AARP members. Moving to the Villages was the best decision we have ever made. We just love it here.

MINNIEM
Old 08-30-2007, 08:24 PM

We bought our home in Silver Lake two years ago. We love our neighborhood and our house. Lots of space for less money. Since we still have a house in Michigan we thought this was the way to go. We are very close to lots of things,plenty of shopping and dining. But I feel that just about any area would be good. Like they say, we can go anywhere and no one cares if you live in a mansion or a double wide. It is the Villages as the whole package that is important. We love it here and can't think of any other place that would be so nice.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:32 AM

Hi My husband and I purchased a home in Silver Lake a year ago. We live in NJ full time and visit whenever we can to stay at our new home in Paradise!! Silver Lake is the warmest friendliest community I have ever seen! I think it is because we are the Original Villages (Historic) and feel very protective of our 40 year community!!! I can't wait to be there full time but we have my 89 y/o mother in law in NJ so we will be going back and forth for a while yet! Home are very reasonable there and taxes are low! Compared to NJ anyway!! We bought a fully furnished home and just had to supply our toothbrush!! Awesome. Good luck Fitzie :
Old 09-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Veteran member

Silver Lake and Country Club Hills, Orange Blossom, etc. are beautifully landscaped. Yes, they have less covenants and everyone I have met from the area (we play pinochle at Paradise Center) seems to be really nice. We have made many friends from across 441/27. We wanted a new place and a villa with a fence for our dog so we are over here in Tall Trees.

I can't help but think no matter where you ultimately purchase, you are going to find many wonderful neighbors. Yes, historic side may have more older folks with lots' of "boomers" south of 466 but let me tell you, they are ACTIVE!!!

You are going to be very happy. Just bite the apple (not the bullet) and come on down and join us where you can be happy each morning when you get up to the sunshine!!! :bigthumbsup:
Old 09-01-2007, 10:45 PM

ummm..older folk in Silver Lake and OBH? Umm is 57 old?????? Nope, there are a lot of baby boomers over here. I love the area! Quiet, tall oak trees, wonderful landscaping, verra verra nice people.

I wouldn't move from my location.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:46 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to kregski

Tank you tank you tank you all. Just what I wanted to hear. I have 1800 sq. feet of living space 3 b 2b with fireplace and one and a half car garage in indiana.Its a manufactored home my insurance,,400 for the year. Im guessin double, triple, quadruple in florida? Any thoughts? Kregski
Old 10-22-2007, 09:29 AM

Well after reading the posts about Silver Lake it warms my heart as I agree. I just wish I was there instead of NJ although the fall is gorgeous up here! This year especially. But I long for Tarrson Blvd and all the people in Silver Lake are soooooo friendly and nice. I am a baby boomer too 59 yrs old but I love the older people too. they have so much wisdom!!! I enjoy this website and hearing from other Silver Lake residents. Fitzie
Old 10-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Sage

kregski,

We bought a manufactured home in Country Club Hills last spring, unfortunately havant had time to enjoy it yet! Planning on comming down for Feb-Mar & April. Anyho, I just wanted to say that our taxes for the year there are only slightly higher then your Indiana taxes. With no bond and a very reasonable pricetag, I would say its quite a bargain to live on the Historical side.

Arent you the couple that has a son living and working in Chicago? ;D

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.