A simple question about purchasing a resale

Closed Thread
Old 12-18-2018, 05:05 PM

It was in the real estate listing, it was in the contract. Found out when paying Property Taxes and so I called county tax office to see what it was on the tax bill. You talk about Flip a Lid, Its a good thing I couldn't reach through the phone not with county employee. But realtor! Yes, I had our own realtor not the selling realtor. It was a resale. When your in a different state and trying to get all of your ducks in a row just to get closed. You tend to take someone to be honest... Lol never again will that mistake be made. Never dealt with a bond issue or anything like that where we are from. So a little naive, but like I said never again!

Last edited by cndlou3; 12-18-2018 at 05:10 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoa View Post
After following the discussions on TOTV for the past 7+ years I feel like I should know the answer to this but it escapes me. I know that the purchase price on a new home in TV is NOT negotiable. You pay the listed price or move on. But does the same hold true for resales that are listed and sold through TV, or is there a chance for some wiggle room with a motivated seller? Thanks!
No one really answered:

Lots of wiggle room. Just make a legit offer. Many are upgrading or there was a death in family so they want something quick. Be respectable, offer fair and also talk or write to seller. Never know.

Don't expect crazy though. The villages knows what it costs.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,714 Times in 5,243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cndlou3 View Post
It was in the real estate listing, it was in the contract. Found out when paying Property Taxes and so I called county tax office to see what it was on the tax bill. You talk about Flip a Lid, Its a good thing I couldn't reach through the phone not with county employee. But realtor! Yes, I had our own realtor not the selling realtor. It was a resale. When your in a different state and trying to get all of your ducks in a row just to get closed. You tend to take someone to be honest... Lol never again will that mistake be made. Never dealt with a bond issue or anything like that where we are from. So a little naive, but like I said never again!
I'm sorry it happened. But, many people don't seem to realize that buyers never have their own realtor. All realtors represent the seller. But, if your facts are correct, the broker should acknowledge the error and use their liability insurance to reimburse you for your loss. I would pursue it if it is not too late. I would contact the broker in writing and ask for reimbursement, and send a copy of all correspondence to the Florida real estate license board, and make sure the broker knows you are sending it to the board.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 12-18-2018 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:29 PM
Default Re: Agent

Never forget the,"agent," works for the seller and they are SALES PEOPLE.
You ride about, you look at homes do not forget they are listening to everything you say.
You say to your wife/husband or? this seems to be a great location and a fair price. Lower than we had expected. Then you make an offer. The,"agent," tells the seller I bet they will come up from that offer.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I'm sorry it happened. But, many people don't seem to realize that buyers never have their own realtor. All realtors represent the seller. But, if your facts are correct, the broker should acknowledge the error and use their liability insurance to reimburse you for your loss. I would pursue it if it is not too late. I would contact the broker in writing and ask for reimbursement, and send a copy of all correspondence to the Florida real estate license board, and make sure the broker knows you are sending it to the board.
Not sure I understand when you say "buyers never have their own realtor". More than once (back in the days before the internet) I've had a realtor help me find a home to buy. In that case when the sale is closed doesn't my realtor spilt the commission (typ 6% divided by two) with the listing agent of the home that I bought? Or today, since real estate listings are so easily accessed & viewed on the web do most buyers just deal directly with the seller's agent?

east central Illinois, St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Houston, Atlanta, Birmingham, AL
Old 12-19-2018, 06:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,714 Times in 5,243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoa View Post
Not sure I understand when you say "buyers never have their own realtor". More than once (back in the days before the internet) I've had a realtor help me find a home to buy. In that case when the sale is closed doesn't my realtor spilt the commission (typ 6% divided by two) with the listing agent of the home that I bought? Or today, since real estate listings are so easily accessed & viewed on the web do most buyers just deal directly with the seller's agent?
Yes, a realtor will be happy to help you find a house, just like a new car salesman will be happy help you buy a car. But, the seller signs a listing contract in which there is a 6 percent commission that the seller agrees to pay in full. The buyer pays no part of the commission. So, legally, the buyer has no one to represent them in the transaction, unless they hire a lawyer. Legally, the realtor has an obligation to represent the seller only, not the buyer. The only obligation the realtor has to the buyer is to act in an ethical manner and to not commit fraud against the buyer. Some states allow licensed realtors to represent the buyer, but not in Florida. So, buyers beware that all realtors are legally representing the sellers. It is unfortunate that many home buyers don't understand this legal relationship.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:25 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Orlando Buyers Broker | Buyers Broker of Florida

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
listed, price, hold, true, resales

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.