Simple question. At what age did you start you adventures Living in TV?

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2020, 02:23 AM
Veteran member

My husband was 60, I was 59.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:39 AM
Default Great question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Vernon View Post
I will soon be turning 54 with the possibility of retiring at 55. I am ready to start living the lifestyle. How old were you when you started living in TV? Advice from the wise is always welcomed.

We are both 56, We discovered TV four years ago visiting my uncle. Since then we have done a lifestyle visit and rented two houses. I retire at the end of the month and we will hopefully purchasing a home in the next few months. Probably south of 44 (new areas). I was happily surprised at all the responses by how young some of them retired. I sometimes get snide comments when people hear I’m retiring. TV here we come. Good luck Craig, see you in TV.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:38 AM

I’m not 55 yet and have tried twice in the last month to get a Lifestyles Preview and been told both times no.

Apparently the Lifestyles Preview is so overwhelmed with people wanting to do it that they are limiting it to “immediate buyers only” which, to them, means no people under 55.

😑
Old 05-21-2020, 03:51 PM
Default At what age did you start you adventures Living in TV?

I started coming down to TV about 18 years ago (when I was 39). We bought a rental property here in 2013, and stayed in it periodically. Then, we built our "forever home" here in 2016. I finally moved here last year at age 56 (exactly one day after I was eligible to retire). Love this place!
Old 05-22-2020, 12:05 PM

So many incredible responses, experiences and a wide range of ages. Thank you to all who have commented. More please keep em coming...Great stuff!!!
Old 05-22-2020, 12:17 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

When we buy, I'll be 58 and the boss will be 33, so I guess I'll have to co-sign for her?
Old 05-24-2020, 04:13 AM

I was 60. If I could have, I would have moved here 5 years earlier.
Old 05-24-2020, 04:50 AM

FreeHiker: Neither my husband nor I are 55 yet, and had a Lifestyle Preview scheduled for April. We had to cancel due to the COVID-19 virus, but plan to reschedule for November (hopefully).
Old 05-24-2020, 01:14 PM
Default 1 st visit I assume?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Princess View Post
FreeHiker: Neither my husband nor I are 55 yet, and had a Lifestyle Preview scheduled for April. We had to cancel due to the COVID-19 virus, but plan to reschedule for November (hopefully).
My wife and I have made three trips and plan one for this year if things become at least somewhat normal. Enjoy your visit. TV is worth the wait!
Old 05-24-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Would love to know if they allow you to reschedule. I tried twice with two different representatives and was told no.
Old 05-25-2020, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freehiker View Post
Would love to know if they allow you to reschedule. I tried twice with two different representatives and was told no.

I will let you know once I reschedule. They were extremely nice when I called to cancel and told me to call back when I am ready to reschedule. We have a 3 year retirement timeframe, and I was very honest with them about that.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:19 AM
Default Villagershomes4rent.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freehiker View Post
Check out the Villagershomes4rent.com and rent from an owner. This is the best way to visit and depending on the season may be just as reasonable as a lifestyle visit. Make sure the golf cart is included and is a late model gas if possible. The owners are the best and their homes are amazing all types and sizes. Good Luck.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:23 AM
Default Thevillagershomes4rent.com

Quote:
I will let you know once I reschedule. They were extremely nice when I called to cancel and told me to call back when I am ready to reschedule. We have a 3 year retirement timeframe, and I was very honest with them about that.
Check out Thevillagershomes4rent.com for private rentals. I have never done the lifestyle visit but I have done this three times. The owners are responsive and depending on the time of year as reasonable as a lifestyle visit. Advice make sure it comes with a later model gas golf cart. All sizes and styles your choice, some have private pools and hot tubs. Good Luck!
Old 05-25-2020, 08:03 AM
Default Is there part time work like the stores etc?

I saw the comment #46 from the Ruizs that work was hard to find. What type of work r you looking for? We feel like we would like some part time work or less pressured full time pretty much open to type but don’t know the availability is the Villages. Thinking w need to step out k the rat race.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:17 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurawilcox View Post
I saw the comment #46 from the Ruizs that work was hard to find. What type of work r you looking for? We feel like we would like some part time work or less pressured full time pretty much open to type but don’t know the availability is the Villages. Thinking w need to step out k the rat race.
Sorry, what I meant was that I was working from home for the same company I had been with, but found it hard to do. All I really did at that point was consult over the phone for the person who was really doing my job because I didn’t want to travel any more for work. So I fully retired after about 2 years of that. I haven’t looked for work since then so I don’t know what’s available.
Closed Thread

Tags
living, start, wise, advice, started

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.