Since driving in TV is a never ending subject-I thought a poll was in order.

View Poll Results: I think of myself as one of the following type drivers of auto's AND carts.
Highly skilled, always alert and far above average driver. 67 68.37%
Moderately skilled, generally an OK driver and consider myself 'average.' 23 23.47%
So-so driver, who has been in a few unfortunate situations...that are usually someone else's fault. 0 0%
I seem to often have close calls, that are sometimes my fault. 1 1.02%
I get honked at a lot, have some close calls, but it I think it is the other persons fault. 7 7.14%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2017, 04:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts
Default Since driving in TV is a never ending subject-I thought a poll was in order.

We all have our horror stories of close calls, or even actual accidents, but I have yet to come across anyone (here or in person)...who has admitted that they are not really that good of a driver.

Almost everyone (myself included), thinks we are far above 'average' drivers.

I base my personal evaluation on having avoided a plethora of accidents by always being highly vigilant, not talking (much less texting) on a cell phone and having a background of racing numerous types of vehicles...but I also know that once in a while it's just plain luck that I avoided an incident.

Sooooo...let's see how TOTV members view themselves.

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 01-08-2017 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:30 PM

I just wish they would learn how to use the round about,s ,and get in the right lanes to go left or straight.cutting in front of vehicles is a accident waiting to happen.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:09 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I used to have a NASCAR license, have taken more defensive driving courses than I care to count, but have still been in a few near misses and two accidents, not all of which I can blame on someone else. Even the best drivers have inattentive moments and times they have no business driving.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-08-2017, 06:43 PM
Gold member

I had to physically jump out of my car to stop a woman from hitting me at a pool/mailbox location. Clearly she was roo old to be driving because she had no control of her vehicle.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:49 PM
Default Driving

I read, and it seems to be true, that everyone thinks they are good drivers,have a good sense of humor ,and have good taste.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttown View Post
I read, and it seems to be true, that everyone thinks they are good drivers,have a good sense of humor ,and have good taste.
Hence, the reason for the thread/poll.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
We all have our horror stories of close calls, or even actual accidents, but I have yet to come across anyone (here or in person)...who has admitted that they are not really that good of a driver.

Almost everyone (myself included), thinks we are far above 'average' drivers.

I base my personal evaluation on having avoided a plethora of accidents by always being highly vigilant, not talking (much less texting) on a cell phone and having a background of racing numerous types of vehicles...but I also know that once in a while it's just plain luck that I avoided an incident.

Sooooo...let's see how TOTV members view themselves.
Not only are they all exceptional drivers, they tip well over 20%, always pick up dog poop, and have never saved a chair at the square.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
Not only are they all exceptional drivers, they tip well over 20%, always pick up dog poop, and have never saved a chair at the square.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Well I may not be the best driver but I tip at 30% (or sometimes more). You can see me on my iPhone calculator figuring it out. Also, I pick up my dog's poop EVERY TIME. I carry bags on the leash. Its a NYC thing I think.

Last edited by TheDude; 01-08-2017 at 07:07 PM. Reason: added
Old 01-08-2017, 07:49 PM

I was in a Signature Coach van from Sanford today and the driver who is a Village resident made a left from the right lane and almost hit a car who was in the inner lane where he had the right to be. She thought he was in the wrong. If "professional" drivers can't get it right what can we expect from the snowbirds.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 01-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by theorem painter View Post
I was in a Signature Coach van from Sanford today and the driver who is a Village resident made a left from the right lane and almost hit a car who was in the inner lane where he had the right to be. She thought he was in the wrong. If "professional" drivers can't get it right what can we expect from the snowbirds.
That's scary. The Signature Coach driver should know better. Maybe she should read the Sumter Co. Roundabout brochure and/or the Signature Coach should train their drivers.

Last edited by Carla B; 01-10-2017 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Fix error
Old 01-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

My best drive is with the Ping G10, 9 degree driver compared to the other 2 drivers I use but my 12 degree Bazooka gets me over trees.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Two out of four ain't too bad ... LOL
Old 01-09-2017, 08:29 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,338 Posts

I get passed frequently in my cart. I like to stop at stop signs along with giving a signal before making turns. I know I am enjoying the sites, but I am doing 20 mph.

Last edited by Bay Kid; 01-09-2017 at 08:32 AM. Reason: add thought
Old 01-09-2017, 09:40 AM
Platinum member

I feel that the only reason I haven't been hit while driving here in The Villages is because I watch for the other person constantly. I drive defensively and if the other person wants to turn left in front of me, I'll slow down to let them.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Closed Thread

Tags
avoided, accidents, members, view, highly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.