solar water heating

Closed Thread
Old 12-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Default solar water heating

I haven't seen any solar water heating systems on the roofs at the Villages. Is it not allowed? Just curious.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:47 AM
Default Re: solar water heating

Many houses have solar heated pools with roof mounted panels so I wouldn't think hot water systems would be any different. I've thought about putting in a batch heater but haven't been able to find any commercial ones and I don't have the ambition at the moment to design and build one.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:59 PM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.

gonzy, what's a batch heater ???
Old 12-06-2007, 01:55 AM

It's basically a tank in a sealed box tilted at about 45 degrees and it is piped in series before the standard water heater. It is very simple to make if you can find a 30 gal. tank paint it black and put it in a sealed box. The water will automatically circulate to your existing water heater as it heats up and being on the input side it would draw the already heated water into existing water heater. This is best done if you have a location where the batch heater can be located within 10 ft. or so of the existing water heater. I've seen a lot of designs on the internet for them.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.

Ahhhhhhh I see. Thank you.

The Villages Florida

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.