Sinkhole insurance 15 year old house

Closed Thread
Old 09-16-2018, 09:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,879 Times in 2,425 Posts

Allstate IMO Usually the highest insurance in the country now matter where you live?
Old 09-16-2018, 09:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Allstate IMO Usually the highest insurance in the country now matter where you live?
Allstate writes for lots of homeowner's companies.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:09 AM

We just purchased a 9 year old pre-owned home of just off Baily Trail. No problem getting sink hole insurance without on site inspection. We purchased our home insurance and sink hole insurance at AAA. The company for the sink hole insurance referred to a prior geologic survey right when we were in the office. No need for onsite inspection.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:21 AM

We went through the Villages Insurance and got sinkhole insurance.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:22 AM
Default Sink hole insurance

Sounds like more is going on at the property. I recently switched insurance to State Farm and the inspection for sink hole was minimal cost which I did not pay. The inspection consisted of someone coming to the house and taking pictures to make sure there was no settling and that there were no cracks
Old 09-17-2018, 07:13 AM

I worked for a Geotechnical engineering firm in CO that did home inspection such as this.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:25 AM
Veteran member

Call Debbie Thomas, Nathan Thomas state farm on 301 by 44.
352-748-5272 She will have all the answers for you.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
I am in the process of arranging homeowners insurance for our new house which is scheduled to close Oct 30.

First I called the agency we went through for our villa in Oldsmar. Agent says we would need an inspection to get sinkhole coverage and he thinks the inspection would cost $3,000-6,000 but he will research more. Today he writes: "The inspection needs to be completed by an Engineer. It is not even a Home Inspector that does it. I have called multiple inspectors and have been on the line with The Villages Warranty Department and they don’t even know of anyone that can inspect for Sinkholes." (This agency is in south -- not Central -- Florida.)

After reading posts on TOTV, I called Villages Insurance. She says if our roof is original we don't qualify for sinkhole coverage because the roof would be 15 years old. If we replace the roof (or find out that the roof is NOT original) we would qualify. I am waiting to hear back from the realtor, who is checking on the age of the roof. (The sellers added a second master suite to the house a couple of years after they bought it, so I suppose it is possible that they replaced the roof at that time. Fingers crossed.)

If it turns out that our roof is 15 years old, does anyone know of a company that will give us sinkhole coverage?

Thanks in advance!

kathy
Hi Kathy,
We bought in Fenney last October. We rent out the villa during the seasonal months but use it for ourselves during the summer. It was so much fun. Many people stated that we MUST get sink hole insurance. Our insurance agent from NCF Insurance Assoc. 305-446-5474 ( ask for Fernanda Jorquera ) assisted us in getting the inspection ( which varies on which insurance U have ) The inspection was $150. which U pay 1/2.
Call them- Good luck. We are quite satisfied.
Closed Thread

Tags
roof, sinkhole, years, called, coverage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.