Sinkhole Insurance - Cost / Coverage

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2018, 11:14 AM
Default sink hole insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Mandigo View Post
We were told that if our house was older than 2009, we could not get sinkhole insurannce. Ours was built in 1997, so we are out of luck.
Call the Villages Insurance and ask them to explain to you directly. I asked and they way they explained it made sense.

basically don't let that fear keep you from experiencing a totally wonderful Village life style ( moved here 2.5 yr ago from PA and haven't regretted a moment.)
Old 02-26-2018, 11:35 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
You know, when we first moved here I thought The Villages was going to be a dream come true & it is to a point. I guess after you live here for a few yrs. you learn the Pro's & Con's about the expenses & what they don't tell you. I think the biggest thing about moving here is, it's either cheap or you think it's so-so depending where you came from. Overall it's a great place to live!

I don’t think there are necessarily things “they” don’t tell you. More often they just don’t know. More and more, insurance companies are quite unpredictable. It used to be you signed up with a company and stayed with them for 30-40 years. As I said, everything is more complicated now.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:27 PM

I belong to USAA and they would not give me homeowners insurance
here in The Villages so they referred me to Tower Hill, where I have my coverage.
Old 02-26-2018, 03:40 PM

Is it possible to get some kind of reading on the risk using sonar or some other technology that can "see" underground? There must be something leading edge science can offer to assess the specifics of your place - right?
Old 02-26-2018, 05:38 PM

I have sink hole insurance and the cost is around an additional 200.00 What I don't like about it is that there's a $22,000. deductible. Hard to believe. I may shop around next time. (This is thru the Villages Insurance---and the company is Coastal Insurance)
Closed Thread

Tags
insurance, sinkhole, cost, specialty, covered

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.