Sinkhole In Sabal Chase

Closed Thread
Old 06-13-2015, 01:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I saw a firm pumping something into a hole in a yard between a house and Hillsborough Trail near the Dunedin pool this past week.
There was work at that location to repair the aftermath of a (contractor-involved) power outage earlier this week. Repair work included excavation and filling. That may have been what you were seeing.

Don

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Old 06-13-2015, 04:55 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am sorry I misunderstood you. I apologize.

I know that the people who repair show up and I am guessing that Community Watch has that information.
No apology required here. I just think these sinkholes are a dark cloud over everyone and it is frustrating not being able to get reasonable insurance. We have houses built up the entire east coast shoreline with taxpayer backing. It is just a failure of leadership in Florida.
Old 06-13-2015, 05:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
No apology required here. I just think these sinkholes are a dark cloud over everyone and it is frustrating not being able to get reasonable insurance. We have houses built up the entire east coast shoreline with taxpayer backing. It is just a failure of leadership in Florida.
Not anymore. I know people that are selling their million dollar waterfront homes in Tampa because their FEMA flood insurance is getting ready to cost tens of thousands of dollars per year. One of these people says their flood insurance was going to go to $30,000 per year.
Closed Thread

Tags
sinkhole, feet, hole, repair, waiting, chase, sabal, area, earlier, crew, ago, watch, community, day, alerted, show, hear, costs, cover, home, neighbor, filled, years, insurance, concrete

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.