Sinkholes and ARC

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2020, 05:03 PM
Default Sinkholes and ARC

So if i get a SINKHOLE in my yard and they fill it up with cement, or whatever they use, do i need ARC approval for that? Like this house at 17092 McLawren Terrace in Calumet Grove?
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	sinkhole 1.jpg
Views:	3368
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	84920   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	sinkhole 2.jpg
Views:	3352
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	84921  
Old 06-30-2020, 05:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecoralbill View Post
So if i get a SINKHOLE in my yard and they fill it up with cement, or whatever they use, do i need ARC approval for that? Like this house at 17092 McLawren Terrace in Calumet Grove?
Sinkholes are accidents of nature, no matter what some people say. Get insurance for them.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Sinkholes are accidents of nature, no matter what some people say. Get insurance for them.
It would be nice to get insurance, and some bit of it is usually included in your homeowners policy. But that is very minimal, and only partially pays if the house is deemed unlivable.
The other "SINKHOLE" insurance that would cover a sinkhole that does not ruin your house, but just maybe your yard or driveway can be purchased separately , but read the fine print and you'll see it is not very good. And, many Insurance companies have "red-lined" areas of the Villages where they will not even sell you a SINKHOLE policy.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	village of Alhambra sinkhole June 2020.jpg
Views:	3217
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	84922  
Old 07-01-2020, 12:01 AM
Default Sinkhole insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecoralbill View Post
It would be nice to get insurance, and some bit of it is usually included in your homeowners policy. But that is very minimal, and only partially pays if the house is deemed unlivable.
The other "SINKHOLE" insurance that would cover a sinkhole that does not ruin your house, but just maybe your yard or driveway can be purchased separately , but read the fine print and you'll see it is not very good. And, many Insurance companies have "red-lined" areas of the Villages where they will not even sell you a SINKHOLE policy.
This is a common topic in TOTV. Does anyone know what company offers reasonably priced sinkhole insurance? One with real coverage.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I know I’m off topic here, but just wondering. Owning in a newly developing 55+ in NJ, some sinkholes were caused by the workers leaving all kinds of debris while the house was being built, later discovered. While a sinkhole itself is an accident of nature, what if it’s caused by an act of people?
Old 07-01-2020, 05:41 AM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

sinkholes ARE natural -people make trash pits,,, moved from belmar to atl - we have 'em here - now illegal - but we also dig them out & refill so its a good money making item :-)
so much for trash pits

back to the arc 'gods' - osceola hills - no natl gas - burying a 250gal propane allowed OR need arc approval ?

thanks in adv, all !
Old 07-01-2020, 08:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

No you do not need ARC approval for sinkhole repair, (there are probably permits required, but the contractor will be required to get these), and the concrete (or suitable fill) is only placed to a level below the lawn surface, then the remaining hole is filled with ground and sod placed so you will never see the area was filled.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
This is a common topic in TOTV. Does anyone know what company offers reasonably priced sinkhole insurance? One with real coverage.
Our Traveler's Home Owners policy includes "real" sink hole coverage albeit with a 10% deductible. Was about $100 more than our previous with the "standard" sink hole coverage.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.