Sleepless in the Villages, try this...

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2018, 05:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

Ambien is just horrible stuff, I was prescribed it and it'll knock you out cold - even during the day.

Some 80% plus of people are magnesium deficient. If you take 300 mg of magnesium just before bedtime, you'll sleep like a baby.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
Some 80% plus of people are magnesium deficient. If you take 300 mg of magnesium just before bedtime, you'll sleep like a baby.
I've never tried Ambien. I'm afraid I'll get in a car and drive back to The Villages.
But I have taken 300 mg of magnesium before bed. I didn't sleep like a baby.
I'm think I have to send a PM to jebartle to fine out more about a dodow.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I've never tried Ambien. I'm afraid I'll get in a car and drive back to The Villages.
But I have taken 300 mg of magnesium before bed. I didn't sleep like a baby.
I'm think I have to send a PM to jebartle to fine out more about a dodow.
Or even worse, you may admit loosing and pay off The Lobster Bet. Now that would be a crime. Don't do it.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:27 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,314 Times in 383 Posts

Go to Cityfire...get loaded on shots of vodka...get in yoir golf cart...collapse on your bed, or in sumter cty jail, for a good nights rest
Old 06-30-2018, 01:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
My husband has a terrible time getting a good night's rest until now.
He is now using Dodow. First time a good night's sleep for weeks.
Is your husband still using a Dodow?
And is it still effective? Is it easy to set up and use?

Last edited by Barefoot; 06-30-2018 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-30-2018, 04:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Is your husband still using a Dodow?
And is it still effective? Is it easy to set up and use?

After several nights of good night's rest, he realized that concentrating on just ONE THING was the key, and has been sleeping like a baby.
But for Villagers that need the gadget, it's an easy way to correct a sleeping problem.

Easy to set up, install batteries that are provided and push button, 8 min. button or 20 min. Button. My husband was asleep after 8 minutes. I know this sounds CRAZY but when your desperate for sleep, we will try anything, right?

Last edited by jebartle; 06-30-2018 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-30-2018, 05:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
After several nights of good night's rest, he realized that concentrating on just ONE THING was the key, and has been sleeping like a baby.
But for Villagers that need the gadget, it's an easy way to correct a sleeping problem.

Easy to set up, install batteries that are provided and push button, 8 min. button or 20 min. Button. My husband was asleep after 8 minutes. I know this sounds CRAZY but when your desperate for sleep, we will try anything, right?
When my wife has trouble falling asleep, she found that a small fan blowing just below her face...was what worked best for her.

The breeze and the noise reminds her of being in a boat on the water.

I'm one of those lucky ones, that can fall asleep anywhere...at any time.
Old 06-30-2018, 07:08 PM
Gold member

Anyone on this thread wake up after 3 hours? I have no trouble falling asleep when I go to bed but always wake up after 3 hours unless I take something.
Old 06-30-2018, 07:37 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
Anyone on this thread wake up after 3 hours? I have no trouble falling asleep when I go to bed but always wake up after 3 hours unless I take something.
I get the same thing. Sometimes I fall back to sleep quickly, sometimes I don't.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Medical Marijuana users any thoughts ?
Not a user but a close family member recently had it prescribed to help with pain management. When she took the prescribed dose she was totally stoned...munchies and all. She couldn't walk safely without holding on to someone. Did it help with the pain some? Yes, but not enough to put up with the side effects. She doesn't use it anymore.....before you ask, no you can't have the leftovers....
Old 07-01-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill32 View Post
Not a user but a close family member recently had it prescribed to help with pain management. When she took the prescribed dose she was totally stoned...munchies and all. She couldn't walk safely without holding on to someone. Did it help with the pain some? Yes, but not enough to put up with the side effects. She doesn't use it anymore.....before you ask, no you can't have the leftovers....

I have not used marijuana since college, but like any drug, its effect on each person is different. I have friends who swear by it for pain management and nausea accompanying chemotherapy.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

Nutrition Response Testing is potentially dangerous and should only be attempted by those who are highly trained and licensed. Or, it is a bunch of thrown together words that mean nothing and have absolutely no basis in science or medicine but is a product sold by many without any evidence based support.

I wonder if those who claim that Nutrition Response Testing is a valid test of something might, just might, also have an expensive product to sell you right from their very own office to fix the problem? No going to Sam's Club for a vitamin pill, no my friend, you need the very super special product only available right here in our office.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Nutrition Response Testing is potentially dangerous and should only be attempted by those who are highly trained and licensed. Or, it is a bunch of thrown together words that mean nothing and have absolutely no basis in science or medicine but is a product sold by many without any evidence based support.
I wonder if those who claim that Nutrition Response Testing is a valid test of something might, just might, also have an expensive product to sell you right from their very own office to fix the problem?
I wondered about Nutrition Response Testing. Blueash, thanks for your post.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,882 Times in 2,428 Posts

IMO any drug masks the problem and eventually doesn't work, but you stuck with the side effect?

I had sleep problems from migraines which brain tumor caused. Pledged me for 15 years. Now the migraines have subsided, but I still have headaches pretty much daily. My problem if I dose off during the day I have hard time sleeping that night and headaches are boarder line migraines.

I also think if I dose off too long my brain gets nights and days mixed up. Anybody that worked rotating shifts IMO developers sleep disorders. For me to get good night sleep no dosing off during the day, get some good exercise, and no snacks or sugar drinks after 7pm. IMO The no 1 cause of not being able to fall in deep sleep is dosing during the day and no exercise?
Old 10-03-2018, 11:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
My husband has a terrible time getting a good night's rest until now.
He is now using Dodow. First time a good night's sleep for weeks.
Is your husband still using a Dodow to fall asleep?
Based on your recommendation, I'm planning to buy one.
Closed Thread

Tags
time, good, nights, weeks, sleep

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.