Slow down in mobile home removal

Closed Thread
Old 12-23-2018, 10:59 AM
Default Slow down in mobile home removal

We live on the historic side of The Villages. When we take our cart out and get our mail we usually take a ride around our area. Love to see what mobiles are being removed and watch them build the replacements. We have noticed that in the last 4 months that no mobiles have been removed. All the empty lots have houses now and most are sold. I use to be able to tell when the developer bought a home over here because they would list it as pending before it was ever listed for sale. They changed their property search site lately and can not tell if they are still buying mobiles over here. The cheapest mobile on the villages property search site is $99,900 for 936 square feet. They use to be able to pick these up for in the $70,000 range. I am wondering if the developer will continue to replace mobiles anymore. They may have been so successful that prices of existing mobiles have gone up so much that they have priced themselves out of the market. There is a limit to what they can charge for a new home and I wonder if the prices for old mobiles is just too high for them to make a profit. Oh well, just wanted to share. I hope they keep putting up new homes.
Old 12-23-2018, 11:59 AM

I think there is a difference between "mobile" (which is more like a trailer, has a hitch in front and can be moved) and "Manufactured homes" which are prefabs homes brought to the site and are put on foundations. I think that a lot of people, that are retiring and love what the Villages has to offer, but maybe can not afford the more expensive homes, buy a manufactured home and remodel it to their own taste. I see a lot of the resales of Manufactured homes are updated, so therefore more expensive than $70,000 or so. I think The Villages bought up a lot of the older and more run down Manufactured homes and there are not as many to choose from, thus the slowdown.
Old 12-23-2018, 02:34 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,338 Times in 1,446 Posts

I don't know how many people would pay the cost of a new home that is surrounded by 30 year old mobile or manufactured homes. Maybe it just wasn't profitable enough for them.
Old 12-23-2018, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I don't know how many people would pay the cost of a new home that is surrounded by 30 year old mobile or manufactured homes. Maybe it just wasn't profitable enough for them.
Lots of people love the historic side of the Villages, it is quieter, friendly, more peaceful, less traffic, with the larger lots and mature landscaping. And, I believe that the new homes sell for less than if they were in the new area, so it is a way to get into a new home, with all The amenities and lifestyle that the Villages offers.
Old 12-23-2018, 02:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

How about the fact that they are competing against themselves in the Fenney and all new areas down that way. There will come a time when it will start again in the Historic Section. Build they must but people were choosing Historic over Fenney to save on the BOND.

It must be a fact as I was told this plan by two different Villages Realtors. Everything they say is true, correct?
Old 12-23-2018, 05:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,071 Times in 2,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecrenshaw View Post
Lots of people love the historic side of the Villages, it is quieter, friendly, more peaceful, less traffic, with the larger lots and mature landscaping. And, I believe that the new homes sell for less than if they were in the new area, so it is a way to get into a new home, with all The amenities and lifestyle that the Villages offers.
Everything above plus no bond.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:42 PM
Veteran member

When we inquired a while back, we were told there was a moratorium on buying more lots there, in part because they were having trouble keeping up with the demand for services down in the new southern sections. Looking at the Lake Co Property Appraisers data, it would appear the The Villages last purchase of there was 8/8/18.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:03 AM

We bought a manufactured home in late September on the 13 th hole of Orange Blossom Golf Course for 168,500. The reason we bought is location, location, and great great neighbors. We are even receiving gifts being dropped at our front door who we dont even know where they came from!! When we moved in here the 1st day, we even had a neighbor come over and help us move in and helped unload our cube. We bought here because there was no extra bond, and friends from many years ago had originally purchased in this area. We did hear a rumor back in the August/September time that Lake County had put a moratorium on new permits for building. We are surely blessed to pick this area. The only negative thing is that we think the golfing at the country clubs is over priced.....
Old 12-24-2018, 10:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiosbestus View Post
We bought a manufactured home in late September on the 13 th hole of Orange Blossom Golf Course for 168,500. The reason we bought is location, location, and great great neighbors. We are even receiving gifts being dropped at our front door who we dont even know where they came from!! When we moved in here the 1st day, we even had a neighbor come over and help us move in and helped unload our cube. We bought here because there was no extra bond, and friends from many years ago had originally purchased in this area. We did hear a rumor back in the August/September time that Lake County had put a moratorium on new permits for building. We are surely blessed to pick this area. The only negative thing is that we think the golfing at the country clubs is over priced.....
Welcome home. Go Bucks!

No stoppage of building by Lake County. My guess is that the developer has a price that if home is offered, will buy, if too high, will pass. I like that this is a good way to build new homes in the older area.

All 9-hole golf courses are VERY affordable all over The Villages and all 18 hole cost more. Not awful but more.

There are so many of our dear friends who live in the three original areas and it is so nice to see more Ohio people join all of us in The Villages.

Merry Christmas.

Tags
mobiles, home, removed, prices, site

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.