Slowly getting settled in, high recommendations

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2015, 11:47 AM
Veteran member
Default Slowly getting settled in, high recommendations

I am slowly getting settled in to my new home, but it has not been easy and been slow going. But, I must give high praise to 3 people that have been wonderful to work with and I got all their names from TOTV.
Tom from Villages AV-- He was so friendly and helpful...He hung all my TVs and gave his expert advice and offered to return for free after I got some other things settled

Tim Miller - was on time and put the aluminum stairs in my attic Very nice and quality work

Finally, Mike Scott Plumbing I have had to have them out here 3 times due to problems with draining. The last time, they flushed the system from my house to the street. They were only here that time for about 15 minutes at 9:00 pm and only charged me $15. Never heard of a plumber charging that little for a service call.

Now, I need a little more help! I have some BIG pieces of furniture, including a 3 piece sectional and a TV armoire, that I need taken out to the curb so I can call to have it picked up by the trash people for big item pickup.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
Now, I need a little more help! I have some BIG pieces of furniture, including a 3 piece sectional and a TV armoire, that I need taken out to the curb so I can call to have it picked up by the trash people for big item pickup.
Why don't you call GoodWill or the Salvation Army - I'm sure they would love those donations.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:47 PM
Dancing Thyme

Habitat for Humanity (I think I got that name right) carried a room sized rug from my house into their truck and they were very happy to have it. I don't have their number but I think they are in the phone book.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 02-21-2015, 03:42 PM
Gold member

Habitat for Humanity
6761 Co Hwy 149
Wildwood, FL 34785
(352) 330-0881

They picked up a bedroom set for us.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.