Beware of this guy

Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Gold member
Default Beware of this guy

The below article is about a guy that frequients both town squares he usually has on a Boston Red Sox hat. He goes around and shakes hands like he owns the place.

www.dailycommercial.com/08-02-08-hendricks
Old 08-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: Beware of this guy

You should probably just link this due to copyright considerations.

There must be more to the story than what you see here??? He sounds like someone who unfortunately needs to be on some kind of medication as well as in the care of a competent psychiatrist and/or psychologist.

I wonder if he has been Baker acted ever? http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/mentalhea...ws/index.shtml http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baker_Act

This is from the link-- "The Baker Act allows for involuntary examination (what some call emergency or involuntary commitment). It can be initiated by judges, law enforcement officials, or mental health professionals. There must be evidence that the person a) has a mental illness (as defined in the Baker Act) and b) is a harm to self, harm to others, or self neglectful (as defined in the Baker Act). Examinations may last up to 72 hours and occur in 100+ Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF; originally Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services, or HRS) designated receiving facilities statewide. Many things may occur after the examination."
Old 08-05-2008, 12:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Guy
The below article is about a guy that frequients both town squares he usually has on a Boston Red Sox hat. He goes around and shakes hands like he owns the place.
Thanks Indy Guy for bringing this article to our attention. Nothing wrong with being a little more careful.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:11 AM
Sage

Thanks for the heads up Indy. :bigthumbsup:
Old 08-05-2008, 07:31 AM
Platinum member

"Richard Gere", as everyone in The Villages refers to him, has been around for a year or so. He's very odd acting and will usually salute the entertainers on stage when he enters the room/area. (That has become his trademark.) Stops in at Katie Belles, Margarita Republic, Bourbon Street frequently. Saw him a week ago in Ocala trying on hats. Very strange man! Beware!

Skip
Old 08-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip
"Richard Gere", as everyone in The Villages refers to him, has been around for a year or so. He's very odd acting and will usually salute the entertainers on stage when he enters the room/area. (That has become his trademark.) Stops in at Katie Belles, Margarita Republic, Bourbon Street frequently. Saw him a week ago in Ocala trying on hats. Very strange man! Beware!

Skip
Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. :joke: http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.n...25690E0020EA98
Old 08-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Sage

Tal, you're toooo funny! 1rnfl 1rnfl
Old 08-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Veteran member

I had a serious run in with Richard Gere at KB's last year while there with friends seeing Rocky and Rollers.
He was bothering our group and wanting to dance with our wives. It was suggested very strongly by several of my buddies that he knock it off or he'd be getting more than he wanted. Funny that being confronted by several men he decided to leave.
Had a KB employee I know tell me Gere was banned later from KB's for slapping a female server in front of KB's,sadly she didn't press charges when police arrived.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Are you sure thats not Gary ?????

curious fumar
Old 08-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Fumar,
The question here is, Are YOU sure it's not Gary!!

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 08-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Veteran member

The poor man obviously needs help. Does anyone know if he has family or friends who can intervene and get him into a medical facility before he hurts himself or someone else. These are not the actions of a healthy person.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanci2539
The poor man obviously needs help. Does anyone know if he has family or friends who can intervene and get him into a medical facility before he hurts himself or someone else. These are not the actions of a healthy person.
Law enforcement can involuntary commit people under the FL Baker Act. My guess is though that this man is quite familiar with the FL mental health system and just knows how to walk the walk and talk the talk to get released. He has to pose a danger to himself or others and unless there is something else in his background other than was has been posted here as well as written in the local newspaper he probably does not meet the criteria for an extended stay at a mental health facility.

Under the Baker Act he can really only be held in a mental health facility for 72 hours + 5 days and then he has to go before a judge for a mental health evaluation. http://www.wearethehope.org/faq.htm#baker http://www.lakecountyclerk.org/faq.a...0Act%20someone
Old 08-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Veteran member

He can't be all bad if he is wears a Red Sox Hat. He is just another frustrated member of the Red Sox Nation: dontknow:
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Old 08-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC24
He can't be all bad if he is wears a Red Sox Hat. He is just another frustrated member of the Red Sox Nation :dontknow:
He sounds a little off but hopefully nothing like a 31 year old acquaintance I had back in Tampa Bay who snapped and winded up dead from a heart attack brought on by the scuffle with the police. http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/...+man%27s+death

I used to see this man at the movie theater with his mother as well as at the library where I was a volunteer at the time and also ran into him donating blood.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanci2539
I agree with Nanci....I am not sure why the police just keep arresting him and then letting him go. There must be someone who can help him. That is very sad!

Suzy Toronto
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.