Small white Crosses

Old 08-28-2020, 10:39 AM
Default Small white Crosses

I understand there is a lawsuit pending against a village household for displaying a small white cross in their yard. The last time I looked at the constitution,we were still guaranteed freedom"of" religion and not freedom "from" religion.
Time for Christians to stand up and be counted. Would be interesting to see hundreds if not thousands of "little white crosses"
pop-up all over the villages.

God is great; Beer is good; People are crazy!
KenK.

Old 08-28-2020, 10:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenklaw13 View Post
I understand there is a lawsuit pending against a village household for displaying a small white cross in their yard. The last time I looked at the constitution,we were still guaranteed freedom"of" religion and not freedom "from" religion.
Time for Christians to stand up and be counted. Would be interesting to see hundreds if not thousands of "little white crosses"

KenK.
1. Pick your battles wisely.
2. Your religion doesn't require you to advertise on your front lawn, with a white cross. So your battle cry is unfounded and without merit.
3. As long as you don't mind people putting up Wiccan pentacles, symbols of the Satanic Church, Jewish stars, the Anarchy symbol, Muslim symbols, on THEIR front lawns, it's all good right?
4. Pick your battles wisely.

Your white cross is offensive to me, but live with it because to me, it's just not worth "doing" anything about it.

Old 08-28-2020, 10:59 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenklaw13 View Post

KenK.

Great first post..................Not.
I'm a Christian who signed and understood the restrictions when I moved in.
I don't need a white cross in my front yard.
Christ does not care if you have a cross in your front yard or not.

Old 08-28-2020, 11:18 AM
Default White crosses

I've notice that there are very FEW white crosses in the historic section of The Villages. Always wondered why, then it dawned on me, BECAUSE NOBODY TOLD THEM THEY CAN'T HAVE THEM.

Old 08-28-2020, 11:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by renrod View Post
I've notice that there are very FEW white crosses in the historic section of The Villages. Always wondered why, then it dawned on me, BECAUSE NOBODY TOLD THEM THEY CAN'T HAVE THEM.

I'm on the other end.......South of 466a.

Very few around here.

Why??.....because I call them all in.

Old 08-28-2020, 12:01 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Weren’t they to keep vampires away?

Old 08-28-2020, 12:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,043 Times in 5,334 Posts

Lots around here. Does not bother me at all.

Now if it was larger and say lit up all night that would be another story.

Old 08-28-2020, 12:10 PM
Veteran member

When we first moved here, we thought those little white crosses were where people buried their pets, that had passed on.

Old 08-28-2020, 12:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,740 Posts

My background is Christian, studied to be a missionary. But I associate the little white crosses with death as they are used along highways to indicate someone has died in that place. I get creeped out every time I see them on front lawns. I understand that some people may get comfort from them. I don’t.

Old 08-28-2020, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
2. Your religion doesn't require you to advertise on your front lawn, with a white cross. So your battle cry is unfounded and without merit.
3. As long as you don't mind people putting up Wiccan pentacles, symbols of the Satanic Church, Jewish stars, the Anarchy symbol, Muslim symbols, on THEIR front lawns, it's all good right?

Your white cross is offensive to me, but live with it because to me, it's just not worth "doing" anything about it.
Agree. Those white crosses are offensive to me also. I do not like seeing the white crosses but I live with them and have never made a formal complaint about them. I must admit though, the amount of white crosses in people's yards has dropped drastically. Maybe others have been complaining about them.

Old 08-28-2020, 12:51 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts
Default Battles

Quote:

We visited the Illinois Capitol building this past Holiday season. Under the big dome we immediately noticed all the various religion symbols and displays you mention. It was a scene to behold - not. Yep, careful the battles you pick and what you wish for. Deed restrictions are a good thing in my opinion.

Old 08-28-2020, 12:56 PM

Those white crosses is a way for the church to make money, then the buyer slaps it into the ground and aims it at your face all year long.

Old 08-28-2020, 12:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Quote:

Then, look the other way, lots of things are offensive to me but I can deal with it and just ignore it. Not that hard.

Old 08-28-2020, 01:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
So you’re the troll with chipboard

Clipboard = Old School

Modern Day = Phone w/ camera.

Old 08-28-2020, 01:54 PM
Veteran member

What is the meaning of the white crosses? Does it signify a Christian lives there, and true to their faith is offering help to those in need, just knock on the door and ask?

Tags
white, small, religion, time, crosses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.