Smooth Surface Vacuum Cleaners

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2021, 09:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,682 Times in 970 Posts
Default Smooth Surface Vacuum Cleaners

Ok, our new place will have no carpets. Who loves their smooth surface vacuum cleaners? And we have plantation shutters.. Who loves their smooth surface vacuum cleaners that are relatively easy to use on plantation shutters?
Old 01-07-2021, 08:40 AM

I like my Shark Powered Lift Away. It has a soft front roller and can stand upright when I pause or it is not in use. The soft roller easily pops out for periodic cleaning. The lift away feature makes it easy to reach awkward spots. I bought the Shark Stick vac with soft roller but returned when I realized when needing to stop vacuuming temporarily it would not stand upright by itself. Happy hunting!
Old 01-07-2021, 08:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

There is NOTHING like a Dyson. It picks up dirt off bare floor. I don't know where it comes from but it is so satisfying to see it in the Dyson chamber. I am a woman who loves to see things clean.

We finally wore out our old yellow Dyson. It had to be close to fifteen years old, maybe more. Dear husband fixed it and repaired it many's the time until the parts were no longer available or so expensive that we considered a new one....We bought a new blue one. I feel like a commercial, being happy about a vacuum cleaner but I am.
Old 01-07-2021, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,917 Times in 2,445 Posts

Any cheap vacuum cleaner with carpet adjustment will work. My cheap Bissell works great on tile floor.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Any cheap vacuum cleaner with carpet adjustment will work. My cheap Bissell works great on tile floor.
Oh Topspinmo. That is true but there is something so satisfying about the super dooper dirt pick up from a Dyson. Please don't think I am bragging, in fact I am quite concerned how expensive it was. However it really, really, really picks up almost all of the cat hair and dust and heavens knows what that is on the floor. Everyone has a hidden joy...
Old 01-07-2021, 11:13 AM

Another vote for the Shark Lift-Away if you want a bag-less vacuum for a low price, especially if you see it on sale at Bed Bath & Beyond. It is pretty loud but it does get good ratings otherwise. I find that on bare floors that being able to turn off the rotating brush is helpful because sometimes the rotating brush will shoot out the debris before the vacuum can vacuum it up, just a nice feature to have.
Old 01-09-2021, 04:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,387 Times in 2,065 Posts

We have a Shark Rocket. Cheaper model than the other Shark talked about on this thread. Ours will not stand on its own and I can't stop the rotating brush but it is light, easy to use, and seems to pull dirt and dust out of thin air.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 01-09-2021, 05:15 PM

MooSoo cordless vac is amazing for both carpets and bare floors, interior of cars etc. Very highly rated on Amazon!! Charge lasts 20--30 minutes and only 3 #'s so easy to maneuver everywhere. Swivel is better than Dyson. Picks up cat litter easily. Great power on edges which is rare for cordless. Top with motor easily disconnects so simple to clean car interior, blinds, shutters, fans and hard to reach areas as cordless and so light weight. I seldom use my big vac anymore as this one is so easy and great!! Also comes with replaceable lithium battery, which many brands don't offer! Comes with basic detachable accessories so don't need to buy extras. Not as good filtration as more expensive models, but performance is equal or better than Dyson in many reviews and less than 1/3 the price. EBay has K 17 from $85 and K-23 from $130 https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...temCondition=3
Amazon sells 3 different MooSoo's but after watching You Tube reviews it's clear that the red model K-17 or K-23 is worth the slightly higher price than the grey 618-A or white 618-B. Costs $149-$159 on Amazon Amazon.com
Old 01-10-2021, 09:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Oh Topspinmo. That is true but there is something so satisfying about the super dooper dirt pick up from a Dyson. Please don't think I am bragging, in fact I am quite concerned how expensive it was. However it really, really, really picks up almost all of the cat hair and dust and heavens knows what that is on the floor. Everyone has a hidden joy...
My $450 animal Dyson works fine, but so does the shark for $125, that is 8 years old.

But my favorite is Rumba, I tell it where to go, don’t have to lift a finger. Picks up stuff along baseboards, even things Dyson missed, (Glitter)

My vote anything I don’t have to be home to do cleanup, and the text I have completed my task is cute
Closed Thread

Tags
smooth, vacuum, cleaners, surface, shutters

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.