Snakes in the toilet?

Closed Thread
Old 08-15-2007, 05:44 AM
Default Re: Snakes in the toilet?

ROFLMAO......My neighbors on the next street are petrified of snakes. Since I kind of like them (snakes and the neighbor) I am the official snake herder. I received a paniced knock on the door to get a snake out of their garage. Took about 2 minutes (about a 5 foot coach whip) to herd it out. LOL, Find a "country folk" and you can have a snake herder too. In So. Georgia I had a dog door (O.K. have one here too) and had a turtle, possum, snake, and lotsa lizards who came in for a visit.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:57 AM
Platinum member

We used to have a doggie door. One morning at 2AM we found a family of racoons in our house. We looked the the keystone cops trying to get them back out side.
Tampa, FL
Old 08-15-2007, 06:57 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

OMG..I forgot about Palmetto Bugs... :yikes: One night I was in Sumter Square and one ran out of the sewer...I ran all the way down the block..The peeps had a great time laughing at me...

I can deal with..snakes..frogs..lizards..
NO PALMETTO BUGS!!!

"lions, and tigers, and bears..oh my"

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 08-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Veteran member

I saw one big Palmetto bug at Spanish Springs one rainy day. It had to be at least two feet long. I tried to catch it but it outran me.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:53 PM

one persons palmetto bug is another person's roach.
but regardless of what you call them this is frorida and you'll need to get used to them. a good pest control service does keep them to a minimum.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjudy
ROFLMAO......My neighbors on the next street are petrified of snakes. Since I kind of like them (snakes and the neighbor) I am the official snake herder. I received a paniced knock on the door to get a snake out of their garage. Took about 2 minutes (about a 5 foot coach whip) to herd it out. LOL, Find a "country folk" and you can have a snake herder too. In So. Georgia I had a dog door (O.K. have one here too) and had a turtle, possum, snake, and lotsa lizards who came in for a visit.
OK, I either have to live near you, and hope you like me. ;D OR, I want a new covenant (did I say that? :)...."There must be one snake rangler living on each block of housing."
Old 08-15-2007, 03:42 PM

This is my worse nightmare!!! We deal with coyotes, foxes and rabbits in our backyard out here (and we live in the city!!) but nothing I'm deathly afraid of.......... but you guys down in TV are playing in a different league entirely. Village Judy....please say you make house calls :bigthumbsup:???????? Pretty Please :bow:
Old 08-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Veteran member

I'm with you Darby - I am freaking big time.

I love to garden, its my favorite hobby. I have lovely gardens now and the most I put up with are bunnies - cute little bunnies that eat my plants! Once in a while, there's an ant hill. I've heard about coyotes and foxes but never seen them.

My cats will come out back with me on weekends and that keeps the bunnies away.

We're talking critters of another dimension! Snakes I can't handle. Frogs if they are cute like Kermit, maybe. Big bugs, no way. Alligators, forget it. All I know about that is not to run in a straight line.

I really am freaking guys - big time!
Old 08-15-2007, 04:27 PM

Still ROFLMO. My snake education started when there was a BIG black snake on the porch in Georgia. My husband just picked it up and walked it outside. At that moment a little concerned that the life insurance was paid up. He told me that he grew up so poor that all he had to play with was snakes and there was nothing to be scared of with a king snake. How poor?????....no indoor water until he was 12......actually plowed behind a mule.....picked cotton and hoed peanuts. We live in Piedmont and will make house calls.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.