Snorkel at Lap Pools

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2012, 06:39 AM
Default Snorkel at Lap Pools

While at the lap pool yesterday, I saw several swimmers using snorkel equipment. It looks like it made swimmimg much more enjoyable. Does anyone know where I can buy some snorkel equipment near TV, and give it a try?
Old 02-19-2012, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteDz View Post
While at the lap pool yesterday, I saw several swimmers using snorkel equipment. It looks like it made swimmimg much more enjoyable. Does anyone know where I can buy some snorkel equipment near TV, and give it a try?
Here is one:
Crystal Lodge Dive Center
525 Northwest 7th Avenue, Crystal River, FL 34428
(352) 795-6798 () ‎
do a Google search on snorkel 32162 for more.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:17 AM
Veteran member

Aquatic Center in Ocala (Florida Scuba Diving - Aquatic Center of Ocala - Best Scuba Dive Center in North Central Florida) is a full service dive shop with a very professional staff and a huge variety of snorkeling equipment. Low end snorkels run from about $8 to top of the line dry snorkels which can go for $40+ each. That being said, you could probably find a cheapy mask/snorkel combo at Walmart to see if you like it and then buy a better snorkel down the road if you really enjoy it.

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 02-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteDz View Post
This looks like a growing trend. I do a lot of swimming (about 70 lengths of the pool) daily, and I am often the only one without a snorkel. I guess that with a snorkel you would get all the physical benefits of doing laps without the constant concentration on breathing. For me, the sound and cadence of my breathing is part and parcel of doing laps. But I am intrigued and think I will give it a try.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.