snow in the forecast

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Default snow in the forecast

Talked to my sister in International Falls, Mn and see said they have a 30 percent chance for snow Saturday and 20 percent chance Monday. It will get down to 18 degrees tonight.
Now I know why I like this place so much.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Snow in the forecast

I moved down from Minneapolis area. I miss the bite of the cold on my cheeks , the crush of snow under my feet and my snow blower. I miss the boundary waters, going to vikings games and the downtown skywalks. I miss the Mall of America and the winter carnival. I miss the MN golf courses and the city and state parks..............................Oh well
Old 04-16-2011, 07:39 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scroll View Post
Talked to my sister in International Falls, Mn and see said they have a 30 percent chance for snow Saturday and 20 percent chance Monday. It will get down to 18 degrees tonight.
Call your sister two months and compare temp and humidity. Please post the results thank you Up north I dress for the cold weather and stay warm - in the summer here if i took all my cloths off I would still be HOT
Old 04-16-2011, 08:01 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's cold, dreary & raining here in WNY. I have the fireplace going. Bring on the warmth and sunshine.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
This is NOT good news. Sadly, we're leaving The Villages on Monday to return to Ontario for six months. Oh well, I can always pretend that I love to huddle in front of the fireplace with a hot chocolate.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:36 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
This is NOT good news. Sadly, we're leaving The Villages on Monday to return to Ontario for six months. Oh well, I can always pretend that I love to huddle in front of the fireplace with a hot chocolate.
Barefoot,

Is 6 months the longest a Canadian citizen can stay in TV? Travel safely and I hope you arrive in Ontario to see blooming flowers, trees, 70 degrees and sunshine.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Barefoot,

Is 6 months the longest a Canadian citizen can stay in TV? Travel safely and I hope you arrive in Ontario to see blooming flowers, trees, 70 degrees and sunshine.
Yes, sadly Canadians and Brits are classified as "resident aliens" by the US Government and only allowed to stay in the USA for 182 days in a calendar year.

Thanks for your good wishes Schaumburger.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Unhappy

Enjoy the warmth! It's 35F with heavy rain and a 50 mile an hour wind in Ontario. Wish I were in TV
Old 04-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.
Default Crappy weather in Boston, MA

The weather here in Boston, MA sucks tonight. 43 degrees with heavy rain on it's way. It's raw and nasty and I can't wait to get back to TV! I have to work from midnight to 8 AM which will probably be during the worst of the storm. YUCK
Old 04-16-2011, 09:34 PM
Location: Johnstown, Pa. - Ebensburg, Pa. - Village of Sanibel
Default weather

We got 2" of rain today in beautiful western Pa......at least it wasn't snow. For every 1" of rain = 10 " of snow. Makes you shudder!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
Enjoy the warmth! It's 35F with heavy rain and a 50 mile an hour wind in Ontario. Wish I were in TV
Thanks a lot for the weather report Daisy! I've been swimming in the pool every day for the last three weeks. 35 degrees .....

You American citizens, you can live in TV full time. You have no idea how lucky you are.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:23 AM
Default Aaaaarrrgghhhh More Snow!!!

Southeastern Michigan is getting 2 to 4 inches this morning. Just shoot me now. At least the commute was just wet roads.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnermi View Post
Southeastern Michigan is getting 2 to 4 inches this morning. Just shoot me now. At least the commute was just wet roads.
I feel your pain. This last winter was brutal.

The calendar says spring!!!!!!!!!!!

Mother nature sure can fool us. I remember one year my father got me up early on Saturday to go have my snow tires taken off and regular tires put on, (this was before seasonal radial tires came into existence).

Well, it snowed six inches on Easter Sunday that year and I teased him all the way to my aunts house for dinner as we were slipping and sliding.

Maybe we'll laugh at this when we are in TV.

Last edited by 2BNTV; 04-18-2011 at 10:24 AM. Reason: additional comment
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.