Snowbirds, stay put

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2020, 10:18 AM
Sage
Default Snowbirds, stay put

Never thought I would say this--snowbirds,stay put--NYC hospitals will be out of equipment in 10 days & they will be @ capacity in 3 weeks

always looked fwd to no lines and less density

But can you're northern destination handle any more load, especially if its in the try-state area--NY,CT &NJ
Old 03-22-2020, 08:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

Never thought I would hear a Frog say that, but I guess if one is in isolation at their home snowbirds won’t bother them. I suspect snowbirds feel a need to go home because that is where their insurance will pay for healthcare if it becomes necessary. And many northerners are not from the urban tri-state areas. Also, people feel a pull to be near their extended families during times like this. In addition, most of the amenities that draw people to the Villages are shut down, gas is dirt cheap, and spring has arrived up north.

Last edited by tophcfa; 03-22-2020 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

How about this. The people from the Hot-Spot around Westchester County in N.Y. are flocking to their N.J. summer homes from Neptune to Cape May. I would do the same thing. People are rattled and doing what they think is best for themselves and their families. I would also.

My first inclination is to run back to Jersey to be with The Grandkids but they are the ones I personally have to be careful being around. We have 3 daughter in laws who are in the Healthcare Business. Best to stay put for now. So far they are all healthy. Thank God!

I just lost my best friend, more than a brother last week to Cancer. I don't fly but was going to fly anyway as I wanted to pay my last respects to him, his children and his siblings. I was threatened by one of his brothers to not come up there because of my extra added risk. I'm grateful for his tough love to snap me out of it before I made a bad decision and have it cost me my life possibly. Over 800 people payed their respects but were let in little by little. He was a popular person. It ran smoothly as the Funeral Director was really on the ball.

Chatbrat has given some rough medicine to Posters on TOTV'S lately. Sometimes good advice isn't politically correct. My Fathers advice when I was a kid wasn't P.C. I'm grateful for his wisdom. I wish you could understand he means well it's just said in a Jersey tone. His advice in this Thread is SOLID. Stay Put.
Old 03-22-2020, 11:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Never thought I would say this--snowbirds,stay put--NYC hospitals will be out of equipment in 10 days & they will be @ capacity in 3 weeks

always looked fwd to no lines and less density

But can you're northern destination handle any more load, especially if its in the try-state area--NY,CT &NJ
Too late lots have already left
Old 03-23-2020, 12:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,950 Times in 1,706 Posts

Kind thoughts, OP. Typical Villager....
Old 03-23-2020, 05:41 AM

I have to go. new renters will be her. I have to go back to nh . hope I make it good buy
Old 03-23-2020, 06:56 AM
Sage

Wow , called my sister in-law, she's a top anti-trust lawyer when to Yale law, had the Clintons & Judge Thomas in her class-she & her husband live on the 27th floor off of Lincoln center--very bleak--she can't go out because she has asthma, her husband has to do everything
NY high rises don't have huge refries and they don't have their own washer/dryers--we don't know how good we have it--she owns a local movie theater and its shuttered
Old 03-23-2020, 07:07 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Wow , called my sister in-law, she's a top anti-trust lawyer when to Yale law, had the Clintons & Judge Thomas in her class-she & her husband live on the 27th floor off of Lincoln center--very bleak--she can't go out because she has asthma, her husband has to do everything
NY high rises don't have huge refries and they don't have their own washer/dryers--we don't know how good we have it--she owns a local movie theater and its shuttered
Wow. I would hate to live in a cubical in any overcrowded city. Just to live in an apartment complex would be more than this country boy could take.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:15 AM
Sage

Its not a cubicle its a 2600 sq ft co-op; but everything has to travel via elevator, had had a crew do lighting in her unit-40 years ago--a job that would have taken 1 day in a one family home--took 3 days
Closed Thread

Tags
destination, lines, density, northern, snowbirds

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.