Snowbirds... What do you do with your cars if you fly home

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2015, 09:11 PM
Default Snowbirds... What do you do with your cars if you fly home

We would like to leave our car here while we're gone for 6 months. It's a 2014 and wondering what the best and safest way to store it would be. We only have a carport.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:15 PM
Gold member

Don't leave it outside. The tires will melt into the driveway. I learned the hard way. Car was so hot and when I returned and started it, the engine seized and I had to junk it.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:25 PM

My Home Watch person takes my car and golf carts for a spin every week when we are gone.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:44 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Our friends leave their SUV under their carport and have their home watch take it out for exercise once a week. Home watch exercises their golf carts, too.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:42 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Definitely get someone to drive your car once a week. Doesn't need to go far, just needs some exercise. If you could store it in a garage, then you have a different story, but not when parked outside.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-02-2015, 06:07 AM
Gold member
Default check your policy

to put a car on "vacation" status (we did it once up north for the winter), our policy (USAA) required that we store the vehicle in a secure location in order for the comprehensive insurance that we left active on the policy apply. A carport would not be a secure location, I don't believe. Would especially be concerned about this for a 2014 vehicle.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.