So far no success finding a home with expanded length garage

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2019, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyGuy View Post
We had our house built and stretched the garage. It will hold four cars plus a golf cart....950+ sq ft. Love it.
LOL, that's close to the size of our entire home (garage EXcluded).
Old 02-18-2019, 09:27 AM

I have a home with a two car garage and two golf cart garage. I will be selling in the near future.
One side of garage is is 25’.
Give me a call if you want more information.
815-985-6777
Old 02-18-2019, 10:39 AM

Just get rid of your stuff people. If you embrace the TV life, you won't need it. And your children/grandchildren/heirs will appreciate not having to sort out your junk.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:30 PM

Our Laurel Oak has a standard depth 3 car garage. The depth of the double is 24 ft and the single is 22 ft.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:10 PM

Call Claire at 920-427-0926. 20'10" depth garage. 2 car + 2 cart and shop .
Old 02-18-2019, 07:44 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
Just get rid of your stuff people. If you embrace the TV life, you won't need it. And your children/grandchildren/heirs will appreciate not having to sort out your junk.
If you have a 2 car plus golf car garage that is not extended and you have 2 cars and a golf car parked in it there is very little room for "stuff". If you do your own lawn and gardening as we do the equipment used for that alone will just about take up what space is left. In our case a larger extended garage was a necessity, we keep our other "stuff" in a climate controlled storage garage.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom52 View Post
We have been looking for an existing home in TV that has an expanded depth garage plus a golf cart garage. We have been looking at some open houses and are also working with MLS realtor and The Villages sales people.

I am not sure what is considered a standard depth (inside dimensions) but it appears to be in the range of 19 ft. plus a few inches. I have measured many. It is difficult because a lot of the home descriptions list "expanded garage" but I have yet to see one that actually measures larger.

Crazy thing is the little ranch type house we are renting has a 21 ft. deep garage (inside dimensions). This is really strange since this little house is very small and nothing special as far as upgrades.

We have seen many beautiful houses that would be very good candidates if they just had a larger garage. We are beginning to wonder if moving to TV is not in the cards for us. Very frustrating so far.
Why do you need deeper garage?
Old 02-25-2019, 08:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
We have been looking for an existing home in TV that has an expanded depth garage plus a golf cart garage. We have been looking at some open houses and are also working with MLS realtor and The Villages sales people.

I am not sure what is considered a standard depth (inside dimensions) but it appears to be in the range of 19 ft. plus a few inches. I have measured many. It is difficult because a lot of the home descriptions list "expanded garage" but I have yet to see one that actually measures larger.

Crazy thing is the little ranch type house we are renting has a 21 ft. deep garage (inside dimensions). This is really strange since this little house is very small and nothing special as far as upgrades.

We have seen many beautiful houses that would be very good candidates if they just had a larger garage. We are beginning to wonder if moving to TV is not in the cards for us. Very frustrating so far.
TOM52, I've talked to you before here on "Talk of the Villages" about buying a house because we have our designer up for sale. I'm trying to open a private message you sent me but for some reason I can't open it, but I'll keep trying. We did lower our price as low as we dare. Hang in there TOM52!
Old 02-25-2019, 08:14 AM
Veteran member

Our recently purchased CYV, the Montclair, has a garage depth of approx. 21’ 9”.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	080DDEF3-B1E4-4D7F-9EB1-A87B4B03FB7D.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	78664  
Old 02-25-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:

We have an expanded garage. It’s about 22 1/2 feet deep. I just did a quickie measure. I think it’s also a little wider than standard. We are currently finishing some updates to sell. Don’t know your price range or desired area but ours is a 3/2 stucco home halfway between Sumter and Spanish springs. Close to Tierra Del sol.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucernelson View Post
Our recently purchased CYV, the Montclair, has a garage depth of approx. 21’ 9”.
Ohhh, you need a cart garage! You must have a Cottage Home?
Old 02-28-2019, 05:15 PM
Sage

I have just today put my Lantana home up for sale. The garage is oversized—stretched 2 feet in both width and in length. It does have a cart door. The garage is 25’ 3.5” X 29.4”. LMK if you are interested. It is a pool home on executive course with a spectacular water view.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:00 PM

OP here, we found a home with a 3 car garage so we are all set.
Closed Thread

Tags
garage, home, expanded, dimensions, inside

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.