So far no success finding a home with expanded length garage

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2019, 07:36 AM

How about a 3 car garage with inside dimension of 31X31.
PM if interested.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:08 PM
Veteran member

When we built our house we expanded it from a double car plus golf cart garage and added another single car garage. Right up to the setback lines. And we bumped it out. Use our double car for storage and recumbent Tri-cycle, along with workshop, et. Didn't want to climp attic stairs.

Onl wish that we had bumped out the back and made living spaces larger.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:22 PM
Smile Come buy mine !!!

I have a Lantana for sale with a golf cart. Don't want the golf cart, no problem, we can adjust the price....

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...a-fsbo-282388/

Listed on TOTV real estate for sale section and Zillow / Trulia.

Come see it for yourself.... I'm here
Old 01-23-2019, 08:19 PM

It takes along time to find what you are seeking. We have been looking for a reasonable home with a pool, outdoor cooking, birdcage, privacy or a golf view, 2+ garage that does not back up to a major road. We also want no carpet & pool heater on the roof. We have been looking for more than a year....
Old 01-24-2019, 07:45 AM

We had our house built and stretched the garage. It will hold four cars plus a golf cart....950+ sq ft. Love it.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 01-24-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyGuy View Post
We had our house built and stretched the garage. It will hold four cars plus a golf cart....950+ sq ft. Love it.
Wow I thought my 3 car garage was large at 863 sq ft.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeg180 View Post
Wow I thought my 3 car garage was large at 863 sq ft.
Yours is a good size too.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 01-24-2019, 09:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom52 View Post
We have been looking for an existing home in TV that has an expanded depth garage plus a golf cart garage. We have been looking at some open houses and are also working with MLS realtor and The Villages sales people.

I am not sure what is considered a standard depth (inside dimensions) but it appears to be in the range of 19 ft. plus a few inches. I have measured many. It is difficult because a lot of the home descriptions list "expanded garage" but I have yet to see one that actually measures larger.

Crazy thing is the little ranch type house we are renting has a 21 ft. deep garage (inside dimensions). This is really strange since this little house is very small and nothing special as far as upgrades.

We have seen many beautiful houses that would be very good candidates if they just had a larger garage. We are beginning to wonder if moving to TV is not in the cards for us. Very frustrating so far.
Stick to your guns. We bought our Gardenia with an extended garage. It just came that way. We weren't looking for the added space. Now that we have it, we love it. If you already know you want this added space, keep looking. You'll find it.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:28 AM
Default My two cents worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom52 View Post
We have been looking for an existing home in TV that has an expanded depth garage plus a golf cart garage. We have been looking at some open houses and are also working with MLS realtor and The Villages sales people.

I am not sure what is considered a standard depth (inside dimensions) but it appears to be in the range of 19 ft. plus a few inches. I have measured many. It is difficult because a lot of the home descriptions list "expanded garage" but I have yet to see one that actually measures larger.

Crazy thing is the little ranch type house we are renting has a 21 ft. deep garage (inside dimensions). This is really strange since this little house is very small and nothing special as far as upgrades.

We have seen many beautiful houses that would be very good candidates if they just had a larger garage. We are beginning to wonder if moving to TV is not in the cards for us. Very frustrating so far.

A visit to the right person at the Villages sales office may put you looking in the right direction.

You say you must have a 21 foot deep garage. The sales office should be able to tell you what models have a 21 foot deep garage. So you will know what model or models you want.

You may be unusual. The sales "agents," know from experience that often people say they want .... but then buy something else so you end up being shown homes that are not what you think you must have.

The VILLAGES, perhaps, living in the villages is not important to you. From what I see or think I see few of the homes are on enough land so that you could perhaps add a custom garage.
Perhaps, you should explore a newly built home in Finney?
Old 01-31-2019, 03:05 PM
Location: Euclid, Ohio--Anahein California--DeLand Florida--Virginia Trace
Default Extended Golf Cart Garage

I had a Lantana with a 2 car plus golf cart garage. I blew out the back wall of the Golf Cart bay and extended it by 27'. This gace me a depth in my cart garage approx. 43' deep. WHOA!!! I then had the garage insulated and air conditioned.The attic over the addition was huge and gave me lots of storage. I had Excel Construction do the job and they did a great job.garage-floor-4-jpg

garage-floor-jpg

873-house-pics-013-jpg

873-house-pics-014-jpg
Old 02-14-2019, 08:42 PM

I had a “Gardenia” style home built on a cul de sac . I had Advanced Construction build an extra garage sized 16.3 X 24.3 inside dimension with 10’ walls and a 4 1/2” thick floor built on .This was a preliminary to installing a car hoist which I didn’t do . They have done other similar garages , so either look for a house built on a curve in the street or on a cul de sac . My entrance was once the back wall of the golf cart garage . Taxes went up about $250 . Try calling Advanced Construction . There are several home down on the south side of Hillsborough which have the lot with room for this addition. Best Wishes Gary Lovell 751-3003
Old 02-15-2019, 08:48 PM

Actual square feet is 1,062 3 car garage. Listed with ERA Grizzard for 777,777.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:19 PM

We have a 4 Car Garage home near Rio Grand & Morse Blvd...Thinking of selling as we have already been contacted by Realtors but might consider selling ourselves. 3BR / 2Bath 4 car garage / EXCELLENT location $295K FIRM

If interested PM
Old 02-18-2019, 06:07 AM

We have a 3 bedroom, two bath home for sale with a great water view, 2car plus golf cart garage 28 1/2 by 21 1/2 feet. lots of upgrades, no carpet. contact Kevin Sullivan Villages Realty. Chatham Amarillo 347, 500.
17482se 79th lovewood ave.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:36 AM

My garage. Is 25 by 25.6. But does not have a golf cart garage. It will be on the market if you interested. Has 4 bedrooms. Putnam was the only model I found that had this size garage. Can call me at 7045756082 if want want more info on this type home.
Closed Thread

Tags
garage, home, expanded, dimensions, inside

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.