Wi-Fi in the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2007, 09:15 AM
Gold member
Default Wi-Fi in the Villages

wouldn't it be nice to have wi-fi in the villages - i just looked up the wi-fi program in Philadelphia Pa and saw the cost is $20 and $9 (for those who cant afford it) - it is super fast at a reasonable price. one thing that really erkes me is the villages.net that you have to pay $5 a month to get on to get to see available tee times--- why -- one of the worst sites - really not a professional setup - i know i can call if i want (free) thanks for this site very well done
Old 03-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Default Re: Wi-Fi in the Villages

Wouldn't it be great!!!!!

I'm suprised that the developer hasn't looked into wireless for The Villages. Two or three years ago the Village net people told me they were looking at it but I finally gave up waiting and went with Sprint DSL and Earthlink. I still pay the $5 plus for the tee time support.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Gold member

yes earthlink is the company that hooked up Phil. --- well we can alway go to the library that for free
Old 03-20-2007, 06:19 PM
Sage

If you have a wireless-capable laptop, there is free wifi access at all regional rec centers and I believe also at the neighborhood rec centers. This was announced a couple of months ago. I think you need your resident ID to login.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:40 AM

Fast broadband computer access will be one of the most imporatant items for my husband to consider in our pros and cons of the Village life. Even I cannot live with any dial up service anymore. Hope that this is easily available and not too expensive.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:24 AM
Sage

Beyond the discussions here about free wi-fi, there are options for fee-based high speed internet access. Comcast is the local cable provider and their broadband rates are pretty much the same as they charge elsewhere...approx $45/month; another option is DSL service via Embarq (the Sprint-based local phone company); they recently had a promotion for DSL $25/month with a guarantee that this cost will never go up. Not sure if there are any other viable options, but, rest assured there are broadband/hispeed internet options in The Villages. Most of us couldn't live without it!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.