So why do people have such an issue...

So why do people have such an issue...

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 11:48 PM
Veteran member

There is a beauty about TV the way it is. It is pleasant to drive along its well manicured streets. In most cities you have to pay a large premium to live in a similar district.

I agree with lawn ornament restrictions because what is beautiful to one person, can be offensive to another. If you want to express individual taste, this is the wrong place. It’s like a private school either you follow the rules or you’re out. No one is forcing anyone to be here.

And please don’t compare TV to Nazi anything. My parents lived under those folks, and until you see lamp shades made of human skin, we are not there.

Old 09-08-2019, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Your opinion is not the majority opinion. Most of us have lived with deed restrictions for many years before we came here.

This isn't a penitentiary where people rat out others. This is far from being a Nazi situation. People like their property, their street, their Village and their town to be nicely kept. Thank goodness we can report infringements and they will be stopped.
Agree 100%. Rat and snitch are terms more commonly used by criminals. Taking revenge on rats or snitches is how the mafia kept regular citizens quiet. Either change the rules or follow them, but for sure, don’t blame others for your shortcomings.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2019, 05:22 AM

A common psychological defense mechanism....projection of blame or blame-shifting, may be one scenario that operates.

So, it is the "snitch's" fault (they are thus to blame), when I get caught violating the rules. This belief allows me to avoid taking responsibility for my own actions.

It also allows the violator to shift the focus from their action (i.e.cross in yard) to the nasty person who has no life and turns violators in.

Last edited by roob1; 09-08-2019 at 05:32 AM.
Old 09-08-2019, 05:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
Agree 100%. Rat and snitch are terms more commonly used by criminals. Taking revenge on rats or snitches is how the mafia kept regular citizens quiet. Either change the rules or follow them, but for sure, don’t blame others for your shortcomings.

Yep.

Those advocating that something bad or unfortunate happen to anyone (as long as they're on public property) who are within their rights, mirrors a certain scumbag segment of society at whole today...who seem to prefer a mafia/dictatorship like form of governance.

That's simply Un-American...and traitorous.

Old 09-08-2019, 05:26 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
I don’t mind the restrictions but I don’t like the snitching.
I do not like the little white crosses.....at all! Having said that, I have never turned in any homeowner who has a white cross proudly displayed on their property. I just hope someone else does the complaining and turning in.
Old 09-08-2019, 05:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edjkoz View Post
I agree. If you’re not in the neighborhood, you should mind your own businesses.
I understand having complaints handled anonymously but I believe the complaint should have to come from your neighbor s not from someone just passing thru your neighborhood
That's like saying "if you're not a store employee...you shouldn't be allowed to report theft/shop-lifting."

That's just plain silly.
Old 09-08-2019, 05:55 AM
Gold member

I honestly don't mind one lawn ornament on a property. Some of them are quite nice and add a bit of whimsy to a property. It is when the homeowner takes it to the next level and adds a frog, then a deer, then a fish, then a bird then a mushroom, etc., etc. You see where I"m going with this. Some folks don't know when to stop and it gives the community a cluttered low class feel. That is not what hubby and I bought in to when we purchased here in The Villages.

We fell in love with the manicured pristine appearance of this community. That appearance is what maintains our property value. From what I have learned, neighborhoods north of 466 are allowed to display lawn ornaments. IMHO, those neighborhoods do not look as nice as those that do not allow the "self expression". Having said that, there is a place for everyone. If you prefer the look of all that "self expression", by all means, live in a neighborhood that allows that. If you prefer the more manicured and pristine (sterile if you will) appearance, by all means live in a neighborhood that does not allow it.
Old 09-08-2019, 06:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
A common psychological defense mechanism....projection of blame or blame-shifting, may be one scenario that operates.

So, it is the "snitch's" fault (they are thus to blame), when I get caught violating the rules. This belief allows me to avoid taking responsibility for my own actions.

It also allows the violator to shift the focus from their action (i.e.cross in yard) to the nasty person who has no life and turns violators in.
So agree!! This "conversation" reminds me of when we were school kids...people trying to get away with something and then when caught..."it wasn't MY fault, gee why do you keep picking on me?!" We all knew when we moved here and signed on the dotted line that there were "some" rules to follow. I think some people have too much time on their hands and LOVE to complain and find fault in others.
Old 09-08-2019, 07:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I honestly don't mind one lawn ornament on a property. Some of them are quite nice and add a bit of whimsy to a property. It is when the homeowner takes it to the next level and adds a frog, then a deer, then a fish, then a bird then a mushroom, etc., etc. You see where I"m going with this. Some folks don't know when to stop and it gives the community a cluttered low class feel. That is not what hubby and I bought in to when we purchased here in The Villages.

We fell in love with the manicured pristine appearance of this community. That appearance is what maintains our property value. From what I have learned, neighborhoods north of 466 are allowed to display lawn ornaments. IMHO, those neighborhoods do not look as nice as those that do not allow the "self expression". Having said that, there is a place for everyone. If you prefer the look of all that "self expression", by all means, live in a neighborhood that allows that. If you prefer the more manicured and pristine (sterile if you will) appearance, by all means live in a neighborhood that does not allow it.
Where can I go to learn this?
Old 09-08-2019, 07:11 AM
Sage

I agree with the OP. The deed restrictions should be followed and enforced. I don't care who enforces them. If you don't like a deed restriction, then try to have it changed or move.
Closed Thread

Tags
restrictions, deed, folks, enforce, complain