So why do people have such an issue...

Closed Thread
Old 09-08-2019, 09:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Where can I go to learn this?
I have learned this on this forum and believe every single thing I read. LOL.

Seriously, Many people have posted on this forum that the rules regarding lawn ornaments north of 466 are more lenient. In fact, I believe I have read there are no rules regarding lawn ornaments. I do find that hard to believe though.

I don't live north of 466 but I drive through the neighborhoods to go to Spanish Springs. I can see there are many more lawn ornaments north of 466. There is one of a dog lifting his leg and that is facing one of the thru streets so it is very visible to traffic. That is how I have seen it. Not a good look for a neighborhood. But that is just me. I prefer clean, pristine and a manicured neighborhood.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Actually, the responsibility to report infractions lies with all of us. The way I read the deed restriction enforcement it leaves it slightly open to how it is enforced. You can get away with stuff... as long as no one objects.

I feel that some people seem to have a problem with rules. That is understandable, but what I can’t understand is why do they buy in an area with rules in the first place? They want to benefit from the beauty without them paying the price?
Old 09-08-2019, 10:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the square View Post
Over 55,over 65,over 75 a back stabbing rat is a rat just the same. You notice these rats don't have to identify themselves, that's where their nerve
comes from.
So you would call an 80yo woman who is afraid of her bully neighbor that she is a rat for want to keep her report of his violations annonymous.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
It also allows the violator to shift the focus from their action (i.e.cross in yard) to the nasty person who has no life and turns violators in.
But the snoops are making peoples' lives miserable! People who report violations are a menace!

/end sarcasm

Reminds me of a friend who was storing a couple of cars at his parent's house. He was angry at his dad for constantly nagging him to come get them: "He's always on my case! He won't let it go!"

Well. Remove your cars, then. Unsurprisingly to anyone familiar with these threads, he said that wasn't the point.

"It's the principle, it's the unfair enforcement, it's the anonymity, it's the nosiness, it's freedom of expression, it's outside agitators ..."

Same as I told my friend: remove your non-compliant objects and the entire issue goes away.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
I can only tell you how it affects me and that it reminds me of Nazi Germany and how neighbors turned in neighbors. I don’t mind the restrictions but I don’t like the snitching.
This is so rediculous that it belongs in a category by itself.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Where did you LEARN this information? I live north of 466 and our deed restrictions say no lawn ornaments and our villages look very attractie. I have heard this before, unfortunately people hear these rumors and they become fact. You may be talking about the Historic side of TV which is across 441.
I stand corrected and I'm sorry for perpetuating the rumor. I honestly believed the incorrect rumors about lawn ornaments being allowed simply because I see more lawn ornaments in that area than I see south of 466.

No, I wasn't referring to the Historic side. I've only been there once in the last 10 years that I'm living here. I was referring to the neighborhoods that border Spanish Springs and are located just north of 466. That is where the statue of the dog lifting his leg is located. I'm honestly surprised no one has complained about that statue.

Last edited by coffeebean; 09-08-2019 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I stand corrected and I'm sorry for perpetuating the rumor. I honestly believed the incorrect rumors about lawn ornaments being allowed simply because I see more lawn ornaments in that area than I see south of 466. You are correct, I was referring to the neighborhoods that border Spanish Springs and are located just north of 466. That is where the statue of the dog lifting his leg is located. I'm honestly surprised no one has complained about that statue.
It has been there for a long time, makes me smile when I go past.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
It has been there for a long time, makes me smile when I go past.
I would imagine lots of folks have smiled at that dog. He is still there.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Better a statue than a real dog....
Old 09-09-2019, 03:26 AM

I live Lady Lake but just outside the Villages.
Have 2 sisters that own homes there.
When I decided to make a move in 2017, I found the Villages prices very high priced for what you get High HOA fees, rules and regulations not to my liking. All the houses looked alike.
I found a lovely home in a nice neighborhood on 1/2 acre, brick and block,new roof, shingles with a pool lovely landscape, large fenced yard for my dogs and everything updated and move in ready.
At a far lower price than in the Villages while being 10 minutes away from sisters and not having to put up with the BS.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:31 AM
Veteran member

Not every Village north of 466 allows lawn ornaments.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:35 AM

Spot On!
Old 09-09-2019, 04:35 AM

You've missed the point.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
with turning in folks with deed restriction violations.

Seems to me folks moved here in large part because of those deed restrictions. And since most are not enforced unless they are reported I'd think those who make it their duty to help enforce restrictions would be thanked.

Perhaps those who complain of those who help enforce the restrictions are those who break the simple to understand even by a 7 year old rules are upset.

Perhaps those who don't appreciate the folks who don't want our neighborhoods looking like a trailer park filled with degenerates are part of the problem.

Perhaps they just don't like people doing what is right and proper.

My take? Those who complain and continually post about those who keep the villages looking nice are usually in violation of more than one deed restriction.

Keep up the good work in reporting violations!!! If you don't like them you can always move to San Fran or L.A. or Seattle. You'd like it there. No restrictions at all. Watch where you step.

The restrictions are simple and easy to follow. All of them have a purpose. If you don't see the purpose perhaps it's because of the narrow view you take.
Right on! 👍
Old 09-09-2019, 05:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
I can only tell you how it affects me and that it reminds me of Nazi Germany and how neighbors turned in neighbors. I don’t mind the restrictions but I don’t like the snitching.
What really gets me is the people who snitch and don’t even live in the neighborhood where the violation is.

Really the little white crosses and the beautiful bird ornaments bothers people or detracts from the neighborhood.
Closed Thread

Tags
restrictions, deed, folks, enforce, complain

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.