Domestic travel

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2020, 07:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts
Default Domestic travel

Please pay attention - I have not verified this more than emails from close friends:

1. Two of our Canadian friends here in TV were notified by the Canadian Government to come home immediately. Could be in jeopardy of their health insurance not covering them here if an outbreak occurs. Fact - they both left yesterday.
2. Friends from Pennsylvania posted the Governor has closed all rest stops in the state.

Can anyone verify these points ?
Old 03-17-2020, 10:01 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

Pennsylvania rest areas are closed and that is disgusting. No fast foods, no restrooms to use, they're putting in a few portable jons. So much for tourism in Pennsylvania.
Old 03-18-2020, 03:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Yes there was a small article in the sports section that Canada will not cover their medical after a certain date due to virus. So three couples we know also got the notifications, and left yesterday also
Old 03-18-2020, 11:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Our Governor should be reviewing domestic airfare travel. New York State is by far the coronavirus hot spot thus far. They have over 20% of known cases to date and rapidly growing. The New York Governor has just instituted a 50% work from home policy. All bars and restaurants are closed. All schools statewide are closed. He is taking this very seriously.

Our Florida Governor needs to take a stance to close down our airports to any non essential personnel coming into Florida. Fact - I have New York State acquaintances that are off work making a beeline to come here for the warmth and less stringent quarantine policies. Also consider most of these New York flights originate from the New York City area which is the highest hot spot in the nation. I have personally told friends that just arrived from New York our house is not open to anyone that was just on an airplane.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:53 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts

I hear Canada has closed it's border.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:59 AM

Yes, agree. Close those airports.
Royal Air Force Benson, England
Eielson Air Force Base, AK, Clark AFB, Philippines
Kadena AFB, Okinawa Japan, Yakota AFB, Japan
Osan AB, Pyeongtaek, South Korea, Yangsan Army Garrison, Seoul South Korea
Old 03-19-2020, 09:06 AM

My husband is still living in Virginia because he hasn't yet retired. He came down here to visit last week and was just notified yesterday that his Sunday return flight on Allegiant has been canceled. They are saying it may be rescheduled for next Sunday, but I sincerely doubt that. We're looking into renting a car, but the whole rest area thing is scary. Sigh....
Old 03-19-2020, 09:14 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Our Governor should be reviewing domestic airfare travel. New York State is by far the coronavirus hot spot thus far. They have over 20% of known cases to date and rapidly growing. The New York Governor has just instituted a 50% work from home policy. All bars and restaurants are closed. All schools statewide are closed. He is taking this very seriously.

Our Florida Governor needs to take a stance to close down our airports to any non essential personnel coming into Florida. Fact - I have New York State acquaintances that are off work making a beeline to come here for the warmth and less stringent quarantine policies. Also consider most of these New York flights originate from the New York City area which is the highest hot spot in the nation. I have personally told friends that just arrived from New York our house is not open to anyone that was just on an airplane.
What constitutes non-essential people? How does the governor of Florida control who gets on an airplane in New York, Chicago or whatever city you want to name?
Closed Thread

Tags
friends, canadian, yesterday, left, domestic

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.