Suggestion for The Villages owners....

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2020, 12:25 PM
Veteran member
Default Suggestion for The Villages owners....

I've been here permanent for eight years, own two homes and live with my wife and we oversee her 91 yr old Mom who lives alone. If one person in a two person household or a single household has any of the symptoms of the virus and is in line to get tested they cannot or should not leave their home. Why doesn't The Villages management put together a team of individuals with the appropriate masks, hazmat gear etc. along with several trucks to deliver basic essentials food etc. to those who cannot leave their homes. Take a credit card over the phone and leave essentials on the doorstep. In order to get on the list for delivery you have to provide the name of your doctor and a phone number so that it can be confirmed that you are to be tested. With the tremendous wealth of the owners it seems they should be doing something like this. NO ONE IN THIS FAMILY HAS ANY SIGNS OF THE VIRUS BUT I WORRY ABOUT THOSE WHO MAY AND HOW THEY GET TAKEN CARE OF.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:33 PM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Neighbors

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
I've been here permanent for eight years, own two homes and live with my wife and we oversee her 91 yr old Mom who lives alone. If one person in a two person household or a single household has any of the symptoms of the virus and is in line to get tested they cannot or should not leave their home. Why doesn't The Villages management put together a team of individuals with the appropriate masks, hazmat gear etc. along with several trucks to deliver basic essentials food etc. to those who cannot leave their homes. Take a credit card over the phone and leave essentials on the doorstep. In order to get on the list for delivery you have to provide the name of your doctor and a phone number so that it can be confirmed that you are to be tested. With the tremendous wealth of the owners it seems they should be doing something like this. NO ONE IN THIS FAMILY HAS ANY SIGNS OF THE VIRUS BUT I WORRY ABOUT THOSE WHO MAY AND HOW THEY GET TAKEN CARE OF.
In our area neighbors take care of neighbors. Len
Old 03-21-2020, 12:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,739 Times in 1,222 Posts

Interesting thought, lots of sales people out of work.

Offer rec centers for medical care.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,748 Times in 1,385 Posts

TV management is not the most likely to undertake such an endeavor.

One of the larger medical groups like the one doing the drive through testing could be more likely.

The neighbor or family looking out for neighbor or family is the most realistic expectation.....in my opinion.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

The grocery shelves are empty, where do you suggest they get items. In Gainesville yesterday while food has some items, but not essential paper, or dairy
Old 03-21-2020, 01:19 PM
Veteran member

"The family" has tremendous pull and influence. If a demand is made then more than likely it would be fulfilled by them only asking. You don't get a bridge permit to build over a turnpike unless you have tremendous clout. If they sit by, do nothing but close the squares, pools etc. and don't try to help in this bad situation it will not look good for them. Just my thoughts.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,389 Posts

The “family” could mow your grass and trim your bushes too.
Can it be imagined if your idea (?) were to happen all the whining/complaining that would occur.
Sorry, I don’t need someone to hold my hand..........
Old 03-21-2020, 01:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
The “family” could mow your grass and trim your bushes too.
Can it be imagined if your idea (?) were to happen all the whining/complaining that would occur.
Sorry, I don’t need someone to hold my hand..........
I agree and don't get it......when people bought homes from Developers from where they came, did they expect that Developer to do everything for them as they do here. There are plenty of take out and some delivery services around here....FMK at Evans Prairie, most of the Pizza shops. Grocery is another animal but that would be the responsibility of the Grocery Store (private business). Call your neighbors for help (assuming you have a friendly neighborhood). Take responsibility as you would have if you came from someplace else or lived someplace else.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-21-2020, 01:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Picture all the HATERS calling the developer and giving their credit card numbers over the phone...... right!
Old 03-21-2020, 09:40 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Why don't they do it? Liability!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-21-2020, 10:25 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
So based on this post I would assume any city would do the same thing. Or perhaps any builder that built a house in a city would do the same thing. I'm trying to think of a place where a "developer" of a subdivision would assume responsibility for this condition 5 years after they built the home.
People just don't want to take responsibility and figure out how to solve problems. So much easier to blame someone else.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Why don't they do it? Liability!!!!!!!!!!!
BINGO!!!! Once you do something you open up yourself to "liability" issues...this the major reason that the "Good Samaritan" law was passed!
Old 03-22-2020, 06:00 AM
Gold member

Quote:
There are not enough medical professionals now to take care of people; I can't imagine putting together a team of individuals with the appropriate masks, hazmat gear etc. along with several trucks to deliver basic essentials food etc. to those who cannot leave their homes to help just in The Villages. You might consider starting a group of volunteers in The Villages that would help with such an effort. The developer is not the be all end all for us, we have to be responsible for ourselves or with the help of family and friends. Sometimes life isn't easy but we'll get through it.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

While a well-intentioned idea, there shouldn't be a single doctor (due to HIPAA laws) that should confirm to a stranger...the condition of their patients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange

In order to get on the list for delivery you have to provide the name of your doctor and a phone number so that it can be confirmed that you are to be tested.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:18 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
It seems easy to point to someone else to do something because "they're rich". Why don't you sell or mortgage one of your "two homes" that you seem so proud of and do the things you say with your own money? Too much risk? No benefit to you? Not your problem? If you are so worried about how others will be taken care of, then do something about it and stop telling others what they should do.

You obviously have the wealth yourself, as you lived here in this incredible community for 8 years and own 2 houses, by most peoples standards throughout the world you are rich and must have "tremendous wealth". Should we all now stand up and tell you how to spend your "tremendous wealth"?

So many are quick to judge the successful and assume they also possess great greed and self indulgence. What is not seen is the philanthropic efforts and generosity that most successful people also indulge themselves in; usually quietly, behind the scenes, and without need or desire for notoriety. The family responsible for the foundations of this community fit this mold. Not only do they do these generous efforts quietly, but they also quietly endure the barbs, insults, and accusations from many who have directly benefited from their efforts and life's work.

Many who have not been in business for themselves do not see the great risks taken each day with this tremendous wealth; spending and investing millions (or more) in new products, developments, and ideas. These are risks that come with rewards and the original poster admits to being the beneficiary of these rewards for 8 years, for the risks taken by others. Somehow this is not enough.

A large number of residents who live here in The Villages also fit this description of generosity and give greatly of themselves, their time, and their own personal well earned wealth to help others and the community. Hats of to all of these wonderful people! For those that have to face the green eyed monster of envy in the morning mirror, that is a demon of your own making, deal with it yourself.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Closed Thread

Tags
leave, household, person, essentials, virus

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.