Softball Fields

Softball Fields

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Softball Fields
Old 01-04-2019, 02:29 PM
Veteran member

Default Softball Fields

I heard a rumor that the Buffalo Glen softball complex has been sold to the middle school. Does anyone know if this is fact?

Old 01-04-2019, 02:48 PM

Can't say either way other than I heard something similar as far as it being needed by the school at some point. Might explain why they are working so diligently on the new complex in Southern Oaks. Or, it might not - just speculation. I do know that an entire new season of ball is about to start at Buffalo next week and that runs through April, so this apparently isn't something that is going to happen super fast.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2019, 03:06 PM
Sage

Last edited by John_W; 04-17-2019 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:23 PM

I missed that rendering. Interesting that it does not show a scoring tower/concession stand in the middle of the fields, like the other complexes. They must have new/different ideas of how the games will be scored and announced. Of course, the actual may differ from the rendering. As a matter of fact, I hope it does because I have never seen an on-deck circle half way down the outfield line - HAHA.

If you look at GoldWingNut's recent flyover videos, you can see that the fields are already very well defined and even have the infields carved out as well as the dugout locations. The last aerial shot I saw even looked like they may already be sodding the outfields. The fields are along side the turnpike, but with the sound deflecting berms they are putting all along where TV meets the turnpike, I'm not sure how much will be seen from the highway. I believe the cart trail that will go in to get to the bridge over the turnpike will run between the fields and the turnpike itself. I know many players in the north won't be happy if they have to travel down there to play ball. Hopefully it will wait, at least, until those that live a little further south, at least, can get there by cart through brownwood.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:15 PM
Veteran member

Doing another flyover of the new ball fields on Sunday morning as well as the other areas along 468 and Brownwood under construction. I hope to have it all edited and up on YouTube by Sunday night.
My Drone Flying YouTube Page
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Old 01-04-2019, 07:16 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevatorman View Post
I heard a rumor that the Buffalo Glen softball complex has been sold to the middle school. Does anyone know if this is fact?
That would really suck, would add to my theory of complete abandonment of district 3 and 4 after the expanded 350 houses with no new amenities added. Maybe more money in student numbers and need to expand? especially with increase in underaged living In restricted age areas of the villages. IMO If you don’t see underaged catching buses on the fringe you’re not away of you’re surroundings. I really don’t see how that many employees kids can fill that school complex?
Old 01-05-2019, 10:20 AM
Sage

Last edited by John_W; 04-17-2019 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:16 AM

this same rumor swirled around about a year ago.. I do know that last year surveyors were at BG but what we heard after was that the complex wasn't big enough for what they had planned

Tags
softball, school, middle, fact, sold