Softball newbee

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Platinum member
Default Softball newbee

I am interested in playing softball but wish to be a sub until I am convinced my body can handle it. I played softball until my mid 40s against much younger players. My strengths were my speed, my rifle arm and my blazing speed. Being an infielder all my life, I fear with my speed gone, my arm shot and not being able to get down for those ground balls anymore, I might embarrass myself. Yeahat 63, my best days are behind me but before I hang up my glove for good, Id like to test the waters. My problem is I will be going back to NY in early August and I wont be here long enough to play a full season. I was thinking about a local team (I live in Buttonwood). How do I go about a tryout or whatever is needed for the local teams?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.