"OPEN PIT FIRES"

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2007, 09:20 AM
Default "OPEN PIT FIRES"

ARE THERE ANY RULES OR REGULATIONS CONCERNING HAVING AN OPEN FIRE IN YOUR BACKYARD? I WILL BE BUYING A "VILLA" AND REALLY ENJOY HAVING A NICE SMALL FIRE IN MY BACKYARD. LET ME KNOW. KAR GUY
Old 08-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Default Re: "OPEN PIT FIRES"

Are you serious?
Old 08-21-2007, 05:12 PM

Be sure not to melt the plastic/vinyl fencing. You might be able to determine a fire dept resonse time.
I got marshmellows :hot:
Old 08-21-2007, 05:46 PM

Hey Kar- I was thinking the same thing if we got a Villa- We have friends who have one in their back yard in Arizona - What's the difference. Why is that such a crazy idea.

I HAVE MARSHMELLOWS ANDCHOCOLATE!!!! SMORES!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 06:20 PM

right now i think most counties have burn bans because of drought conditions but if we're ever out of drought conditions do the villages covenants prohibit open pit fires?
Old 08-21-2007, 06:30 PM

Good question Villager.... I think what Kar Guy and I were talking about stands above the ground (My friend's fire pit is made of copper. I think ya'll know what I mean? Don't they have them in Florida. Lots of people in Colorado have them also.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:07 PM

i am familiar with backyard fire pits but perhaps incorrectly assumed they would be considered an open fire even though in a metal pot of sorts
.in my experience they still produce sparks that would ignite our dry florida brush.

p.s. i live in a patio villa so often loose track of how enclosed courtyard villas are with their backyard walls and fences.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:17 AM

HONESTLY PEOPLE, I DO NOT WANT A FOREST FIRE. ALL I WANT IS 1 OR 2 PIECES OF WOOD IN AN ABOVE GROUND COPPER STAND. I DO IT ALL THE TIME IN OHIO/MICH. NOW I WANT IT IN FLORIDA. MY QUESTION WAS IS THERE OR IS THERE NOT A REGULATION THAT PROHIBITS THIS. THANKS THE KAR GUY.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Eternal Member

Call or visit the local fire house and post their response.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:35 PM

.What he is talking about is no more than a bar b q, you just use a couple of small sticks of wood or the kind you can by at the local Kroger's store. Let me be sure I understand completely about how free you can live in the TV, You can't build a Small fence in the backyard that you pay extra for, you can't put out tasteful yard art on the property that you paid for, you can't have your bass boat in the garage or carport that you have paid for, People from outside the TV use the faculties that you pay for, and now you say to check with the fire dept. before you have a small open fire, that is little more than a bar BBQ. Oh I forgot in a couple of years the developer is turning everything over to a bunch of hand picked friends of the developer, and no one knows how that will affect live at the TV GOOD LUCK. I've come to like the people on this site and enjoy checking it everyday, but I'm gettin scared about my dream of moving to the TV.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:25 PM

Hey Buc...

Be afraid...be very afraid!!!!!! :joke:
Old 08-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUC
.What he is talking about is no more than a bar b q, you just use a couple of small sticks of wood or the kind you can by at the local Kroger's store. Let me be sure I understand completely about how free you can live in the TV, You can't build a Small fence in the backyard that you pay extra for, you can't put out tasteful yard art on the property that you paid for, you can't have your bass boat in the garage or carport that you have paid for, People from outside the TV use the faculties that you pay for, and now you say to check with the fire dept. before you have a small open fire, that is little more than a bar BBQ. Oh I forgot in a couple of years the developer is turning everything over to a bunch of hand picked friends of the developer, and no one knows how that will affect live at the TV GOOD LUCK. I've come to like the people on this site and enjoy checking it everyday, but I'm gettin scared about my dream of moving to the TV.
Whoops, I tried to post a comment on this .. it didn't work. I tend to be technically challenged.
I agree that the developer probably has too many regulations, however I think that is part of the allure of TV, that it is so neat and clean. One person's "tasteful yard art" is another person's pink flamingo. Initially I was disappointed at the "no fence" rule, But when you think about the yards with a possible mishmash of difference fence styles, the developer may have a point. At least they've provided the option of Courtyard Villas for those of with pets who feel they must have a fence.

BUC, I bet if you make a list of the positives and negatives, TV is still the place to be!
Old 08-22-2007, 11:30 PM

Barefoot-

I wouldn't want to live in a place where someone wants to put a boat in the front of the yard, yard art (who's opinion that it's art) and all the things I'm trying to get away from up north! My first impression of the Villages was that it was CLEAN, no junk or cars in front of homes, no grease stains on the cement (from cars) or anything like that. Maybe to some it looks too "vanilla" but after living in places that allow anything and everything ...I'll take "vanilla"

There is a place for someone to keep a boat (love them...I'm from Northern Minn.), or Campers in TV. But if you want the darling pink bird bath, blacklite wind spinners, a cute cement bunny with all the little ones, etc, check with Del Webb or some of the other community's around TV. I'm sure there are places where you can have all that you have mentioned! But when you don't have all the amenity's, music in the square, the clubs the people, the spotless surroundings and all that TV has to offer... Ask yourself...how important was having that "cute" pink flamingo in your front yard!!!

Sorry if I stepped on anyones toes..But of all the negatives that people say about TV..that is one I feel very strongly about!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 11:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
Whoops, I tried to post a comment on this .. it didn't work. I tend to be technically challenged.
I agree that the developer probably has too many regulations, however I think that is part of the allure of TV, that it is so neat and clean. One person's "tasteful yard art" is another person's pink flamingo. Initially I was disappointed at the "no fence" rule, But when you think about the yards with a possible mishmash of difference fence styles, the developer may have a point. At least they've provided the option of Courtyard Villas for those of with pets who feel they must have a fence.

BUC, I bet if you make a list of the positives and negatives, TV is still the place to be!
Where we presently live pit fires are very popular, some friends have an in ground pit with a natural gas flame and some fake wood logs. I find it plesant on a fall or winter day in Southern california sitting around it and talking with your buddies.

Larry
Wanabee future TVer
Old 08-22-2007, 11:45 PM

Larry- I'll get the logs!!!!

We just had a lovely time at a friends home sitting around the pit in their backyard. It would be great to be able to do that in the Villas.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.