Solar Golf Cart

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2007, 06:55 PM
Default Solar Golf Cart

We were golfing at Turtle Mound today and spotted a Club Car golf cart with a Solar top. I read on line that they provide 33% more travel distance. Does anyone have any experience with one or know of someone that has purchased the kit and added it to their cart?
Old 08-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Default Re: Solar Golf Cart

I'd be very interested also
Old 08-21-2007, 06:53 PM

I really do want to buy an electric golf cart, but like so many I am worried about the issue of distance. This sounds like something that would make elec carts equal or close to a gas cart. Where do we get info on this?
Old 08-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I too am interested as I would prefer to stick to electric. If anyone can come up with something that works you could move to Brdgeport.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:36 AM

Just did a google for solar powered golf carts, found this site http://www.suncatchergolf.com : pay particular attention to Testimonials one from a villager who has solar power on his cart. Cost is @ $1500
Old 08-22-2007, 12:35 PM

Hi, I,m from Wisconsin and am thinking of buying in TV. My question is about golf cars? Never bought one so I expect the people who have been living there know the do's & don'ts of buying one? I am a petite woman who doesn't need anything elaborate or 4 seated. More questions, gas or electric? used or new?prices (ballpark) etc.
Thanks in advance to all who respond! Darlene
Old 08-22-2007, 10:34 PM

we have a 2005 Club car and I have absolutly NO PROBLEM going anywhere I want to go. I have meetings and groups in Mulberry square and have actually gone there twice in one day without a full charge with no problem. This may not sould like a feat until you know that I live as far from Mulberry as I can get without being on 466A, on the south side. I live in Duvall and it is 9.65 miles from my drive way to Mulberry at CR 42. We have the normal batteries. We just make sure we always plug it in when ever it is in the Golf Cart Garage and if the Daughter and son-in-law are here, we are a bit more conservative...I only go to Mulberry once without a charge if 4 of us are riding :joke:

I like the electric as most of the gas carts make a lot of noise. I can always tell when they are gaining on me and I will wait rather than follow them into a tunnel!! Uck!!! I ride in a friends gas cart and we have a hard time carrying on a conversation over the motor also. Give me my electric!!
Old 08-23-2007, 05:19 PM

LTM, Do you mean Mulberry Grove?
Old 08-24-2007, 01:19 PM

According to a local dealer in NH, for standard power electric carts golf courses expect a MINIMUM of 2 hr days operation on the course.

I would guess if you are NOT doing a lot of golfing but rather using the cart for local transport it shouldn't be a problem as long as you "plug-in" when your home. If you're golfing every day AND driving 9 or 10 miles to a village square 2 or 3 time a day, you might have an issue. Also, it's important to have GOOD batteries in the cart as battery capacity does diminish over time.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.