Solar Panel

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2020, 02:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,591 Times in 5,188 Posts

What about resale value of the house? I wouldn't buy a house that has solar panels. I have yet to see a real estate agent comment on how easy or difficult it is to sell a house that has solar panels.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaNi4os View Post
They are ugly! Wondering what happens to your roof’s Warantee?
I agree about what the panels do to the look of a home. I think the panels deface the home and would never have them.

My sister had solar panels installed on her NY home about 4 months ago. Already they have had a roof leak.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:54 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts

I am confident that I am the only poster that has data on their home's electricity consumption as my monitor checks usage 10,000 a second. I have over two years of data on this.

What no one understands is time of solar generation, time of consumption of electricity and the rates that you pay for electricity vice what you are paid for surplus.

Under no circumstances will a system that generates 15,000 KwH annually be a break even for a household which consumes 15,000. Even after not considering opportunity costs, loan costs or minimum fees by your utility.

It's simple, you pay 11.6 cents a KwH but sell surplus at 7.2 cents. You are helping your utility's profit by providing wholesale electricity at 2 pm to sell to your neighbor at 11.6.

No online calculator takes this simple math into consideration.
Old 02-17-2020, 05:48 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win1894 View Post
Absolutely. Generation 4 Thorium nuclear power generation - zero CO2 emissions, proliferation resistant, and walk-away safe with 100 times less waste than Gen 1 - 3 plants. Also, can safely burn the waste of present nuclear power plants, cheaply reduce atmospheric CO2 gas to useable liquid fuels, and has the heat capacity to provide de-salinization for pure water. Thorium is plentiful enough to supply all the energy needs of the US for 1000 years. A lump of Thorium smaller than a golf ball has enough fissionable energy to supply a person with all their lifetime energy needs.
Yup...And the latest Pebble Bed designs are 99.999 safe with instantaneous and natural/automatic thermal shutdown.

One can synthesize HCs using cheap nuclear power and your feedstock is plain ocean water which is about 6% CO2 - atmospheric CO2 is 0.04%. HCs are renewable (just like the natural renewable process on earth) but only with cheap/clean nuclear. Oxidizing HC produces CO2 and water which is plant food.

HC Oxidation = Green. Solar Electric = Brown

Solar panels are getting cheaper and more efficient every year. They will be cost effective in just a few more years.
Closed Thread

Tags
solar, online--i, live, years, source--checked

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.