Gardenia or Lantana

Closed Thread
Old 12-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Default Gardenia or Lantana

My wife and I plan to move to TV next fall. Based on the three trips we have made so far we have decided on a stucco; probably a gardenia or lantana. In reading some of the adds for existing homes I noted some comments about insulation added; injected.

Aren't these homes insulated inside the cement blocks? If not, does anyone find that a problem?

Also, I presume the interior studs are metal??

The gardenia has a slant cut in the garage. Does this prevent two carts from being parked one behind the other in this area?
Old 12-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Gardenia or Lantana

2 carts and a car fit fine in the Gardenia. Mine is a standard size and 2 carts fit.
I don't think they guarantee what kind of studs are used. I remember reading only that they are either metal or wood. I believe there is less insulation between sheet rock and concrete block just based on the available room.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:01 PM

Could you also get one of those modular work benches in there with the two carts and car?

How about hanging two 14' kayaks from the ceiling?
Old 12-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Eternal Member

I think the workbench would fit.
The kayaks would have to hang across the garage. There length wouldn't be a problem, but their width could be. You'd have to account for the attic opening, the light and the part of the ceiling required to open the door.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.