HELP WITH MAP, PLEASE??

Closed Thread
Old 11-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Default HELP WITH MAP, PLEASE??

Sorry to post this here--but, I've run out of options (as I see it!). I want to go to a meeting tomorrow being held at the Bridgeport Center. I have a map of TV--but, cannot find it on the map--nor a street called Bridgeport in the index. I also did a mapquest and a google...but, to no avail.

Could someone tell me where it is located? I can probably figure out how to get there if you stear me in the general vicinity--although, I've been here for five days now--and getting around isn't as easy as I thought. There are two Palo Alto streets near me...and I invariably get on the wrong one and go round and round and round--until I have to stop and ask someone, "How do I get home to my rental?"

Thanks. I am on Gerardo which is by Madero Dr. on the golf course in the Village of Palo Alto, (I think)! Thanks so much.

For future reference--how do I find out where these places are if there are no street names and they just list a center?
Lynn
Old 11-07-2007, 12:07 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: HELP WITH MAP, PLEASE??

Bridgeport Recreational Center is located at 1670 Lake Miona Drive. Hopefully, you can get directions via MapQuest with this.

There are a few ways that I've found to get rec center info. Call any rec center and they'll usually steer you to someone who can help you. Get a copy of the Newcomers Guide from the Daily Sun if there are any still available (great resource). The Thursday supplement in the Daily Sun can be very useful and do check out their daily info for rec centers. Hope this helps a little.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-07-2007, 12:10 AM
Veteran member

If you go to The Villages web site http://thevillages.com/recreation/recreation.htm and click on the recreation guide button on the left it shows the location of all the centers. Bridgeport is near Lake Sumpter Landing.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:14 AM
Gold member

The Bridgeport Village Recreation Center is at 1670 Lake Miona Dr. Their phone number is 352-259-6590. Perhaps that is the place. This is by Arnold Palmer CC.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:28 AM

Thanks for all of the responses!
Lynn
Old 11-07-2007, 02:03 AM
Veteran member

You can buy a detailed villages map at any golf course pro shop or banner mercantiles in the villages downtown areas. Not only have streets and villages but golf cart trails and all the rec centers and golf courses. Very handy.........Costs 5.00
Old 11-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Platinum member

Also, Mapquest has more of the southern village streets now in their program.
Tampa, FL
Old 11-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Location: TV, Vero Beach, Fl., Ft. Lauderdale, Fl., Boston, Ma.

The Viillages map, which is available at Banner Merchantile downtown, is well worth the $5.00. Extremely detailed and informative.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Gold member

If you are a Villages resident and you buy the map at the Country Clubs you get your 10% discount and save 50 cents. Hey 50 cents is 50 cents.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:49 AM
Gold member

You can go to CR 466, head west to Buena Vista. Left on Buena Vista and at third circle, Bridgeport Rec Center will be on your right. It is almost across from the roundabout/Circle from Palmer CC.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.