Donations to Villages employees who are out of work

Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2020, 03:28 PM
Default Donations to Villages employees who are out of work

Has anyone heard if there is a collection tool set up for Villagers to help local service employees who are out of work because their employers have had to close due to the virus? I would like to donate part of my stimulus money to them but can't find any sites.
Old 04-21-2020, 10:44 PM
Gold member

What a kind & thoughtful idea. I have not heard of any. There is a server at First Watch ( the original, Spanish Plains shopping center) who recently lost her mother & sister within 24 hours of each other. As a result, this server, a mother of 1, now has added her sisters 4 children to their home. If you have an interest I’d be happy to pm you with additional information. Just thought I’d mention & share a possible path.
Old 04-21-2020, 11:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

It's a great idea, regardless of whom gets helped...as long as the money actually gets to them of course.

Personally however, I've seen a much greater need from people in our immediate surrounding communities impacted the most and have been trying to concentrate my efforts...in that direction.

Knowing the disproportionate number of people of color affected by this horrid virus...only adds resolve to my attempts at helping.
Closed Thread

Tags
employees, work, donations, donate, close

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.