Some GREAT News

Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2020, 02:02 PM

Last edited by CarolSells; 04-22-2020 at 02:49 AM.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolSells View Post
Interesting. What would a central/federal government look like to you? I’m asking because our current president ( not political) has been both accused of both over and under reacting to this crisis. How exactly, or where, would the balance of power fall?

😷. I don’t wear one myself but you are free to!

Of course it's "political"...which is why I'm not touching it.

As for masks, the reason I wear one when in public...is because of people like you.
Old 04-21-2020, 03:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I'm thinking about taking a drive up to Georgia, to get a haircut, maybe a pedicure...and then go bowling.
Since your post do you have any idea what you have done ? I predict you may well have caused massive traffic jams. Shame on you !

By the way don't forget your bowling ball.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
I'm thinking about taking a drive up to Georgia, to get a haircut, maybe a pedicure...and then go bowling.
On your trip avoid Albany, Ga, the site of one of the first big outbreaks.
Old 04-21-2020, 05:07 PM
Default Blessings

Last edited by CarolSells; 04-22-2020 at 02:50 AM.
Old 04-21-2020, 05:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolSells View Post
Okay. I’m sorry that your fear has reduced you to having to lash out at strangers. I sincerely wish you well.

No lashing out at all, simply demonstrating the difference between fake bravery...versus intelligence and believing science/facts.

One can only wonder, and we'll never know, how many dead Covid-19 patients would be alive today...if they hadn't tried to show their supposed "bravery."

I sincerely wish you well also.
Old 04-21-2020, 05:47 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts
Default Stopped and told to return to Florida

Quote:
Don’t be surprised when you are stopped at the Georgia border and told to returned to Florida. I too could use a haircut...
Old 04-21-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Don’t forget the tattoo.
Old 04-21-2020, 05:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medtrans View Post
Don’t forget the tattoo.
Good point, I didn't even think about that!

Since it would be my first, I wonder where I should put it...and what it should say?

Wait...I got it!

I'll have one put across my toes that reads something like..."I was brave and didn't need no stinking mask."

That way when I'm laying on the table dead, with a blanket over most of my body, maybe my feet will stick out...and it could be easily read.
Old 04-21-2020, 07:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,012 Times in 1,739 Posts

Quote:
Good point, I didn't even think about that!

Since it would be my first, I wonder where I should put it...and what it should say?

Wait...I got it!

I'll have one put across my toes that reads something like..."I was brave and didn't need no stinking mask."

That way when I'm laying on the table dead, with a blanket over most of my body, maybe my feet will stick out...and it could be easily read.
That’s bad. lol
Old 04-21-2020, 07:44 PM
Michael Charles

[QUOTE= I too could use a haircut...QUOTE]

I shaved my head 3 weeks ago. I figured that by the time this is in our rearview mirror, my hair will be looking very stylish.
Old 04-21-2020, 09:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
That’s bad. lol
Old 04-21-2020, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Apple View Post
China was a lot tougher on their citizens. No national "shelter in place" order has come from Trump and the Fed Gov as they continue to talk but are directionless. The States have taken the lead on all of this.
I too find it frustrating to see the level of incompetence with the current Federal government. If the Cheerleader in Chief is clueless and ineffective, then it's time to fire him and get someone in place that does know how to fully mobilize the country to get the job done.

That means getting the PPE supplies made that he/she has the powers to order, and effectively communicating a strategy that everyone can understand and is on board with. All the people want is honesty and a sound strategy - not positioning oneself for the next election. Flip-flopping every few days does not inspire anyone with confidence, which is why we are in the place we are in today. The governors are mostly doing a good job - thank goodness we have some government working in a bi-partisan fashion.

United we stand, Divided we fall - today we are divided more than we have ever been. The Orange one needs to take responsibility for that. At the very least it's the divisiveness that we now have which ultimately is going to cost us thousands if not tens of thousands of more lives than otherwise would have been the case.
Old 04-21-2020, 09:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarra View Post
I too find it frustrating to see the level of incompetence with the current Federal government. If the Cheerleader in Chief is clueless and ineffective, then it's time to fire him and get someone in place that does know how to fully mobilize the country to get the job done.

That means getting the PPE supplies made that he/she has the powers to order, and effectively communicating a strategy that everyone can understand and is on board with. All the people want is honesty and a sound strategy - not positioning oneself for the next election. Flip-flopping every few days does not inspire anyone with confidence, which is why we are in the place we are in today. The governors are mostly doing a good job - thank goodness we have some government working in a bi-partisan fashion.

United we stand, Divided we fall - today we are divided more than we have ever been. The Orange one needs to take responsibility for that. At the very least it's the divisiveness that we now have which ultimately is going to cost us thousands if not tens of thousands of more lives than otherwise would have been the case.
/\/\
Old 04-21-2020, 09:44 PM
Sage

I just read a very long commentary written by an ER doctor from a hospital in the state I moved here from. He does contend that Covid-19 is a bad deal. BUT he thinks it was here much sooner than reported just from what he saw in his ER and talking with colleagues all over, who said the same. People coming in with bad symptoms, tests were taken---zippo results with flu test, but still very sick. He thinks this was around in Oct.and Nov.---remember back folks, when people were getting sick and asking on social media?? I do! They would say they had a bad cough and all the flu-like symptoms and it was hanging on for weeks. THEN the dirt hit the fan in January and then the media took it up and fanned this up and it's still going on and on today. I'm not trying to down-play this thing by any means. We do need to take measures about trying to remain well. This doctor also said that "regular patients"---you know the ones with heart issues, stroke, cancer etc. may not be seen. They don't want to "bother" anyone because of all those sick Corona patients---all the while they also need to be seen. He feels healthy people should get back to work, the elderly and ones who have other health issues remain at home as much as possible. The economy is going to tank if the businesses don't get back, THEN what will this country do?? We'll have plenty to complain about then. I'm sure there's former economists on here that could give some insights to what that means. I'm not a numbers person but my parents talked a lot about the Great Depression and I don't think this culture would fare well with another one. Dr. Fauci was telling people back at the end of Feb. (it's documented) that people should keep doing what they're doing---shopping, going to the movies, the gym etc. People keep referring to him as an expert.

I also saw a news article today, that major hospitals are laying off and furloughing their doctors, nurses and support staff because the hospital beds aren't filling up. See the sentences before this about "regular patients". Pointing fingers and blaming won't make things better. I'm sick to death of how divided this country has become. Talk about politicizing....are we any better when we blame this, that and the other?????? We're all experiencing this ordeal in our own ways. Instead of blaming perhaps we should pull together and encourage one another and support one another. Good grief people!!! I don't know what everyone did before they moved here or what their circumstances were---but wouldn't the world be a better place if we'd just stop?? One thing might be to stop the incessant 24/7 "news" watching. Maybe think of things you enjoyed at one time and put off doing....for me it might be reading that series (books) that I never got around to. I don't know....we'll never solve the issues of the world on social media, except to get everyone's dander up.
Closed Thread

Tags
curve, learning, news, pass, hang

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.