Termite Protection Renewal Service

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2020, 01:04 PM
Default Termite Protection Renewal Service

Need advise regarding Termite Protection Renewal service.

Is it really necessary to continue this after 10 years
Old 04-20-2020, 01:31 PM

I did not renew my service. Instead I ordered some chemicals on line, mixed them and poured them around my foundation.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tghoul View Post
I did not renew my service. Instead I ordered some chemicals on line, mixed them and poured them around my foundation.
How do you know their working?
If they don't who covers cost of repair ?

It's my personal preference and opinion is $150 annual professional treatment is cheap insurance
Old 04-20-2020, 01:44 PM

It depends on your risk tolerance. If you are a part time resident it is best to have the policy so it is treated annually and inspected quarterly. If you are full time and will to mess with the chemicals you can do it yourself. But you need to inspect quarterly and know what to look for. Just be prepared to pay for any damages termites may cause.

I will say on these policies you never know if they will pay for damage until you have an issue. The policy does discuss which type of termites they will pay for and which type they will not pay.
Old 04-20-2020, 03:40 PM
Sage

We pay $$ year for an inspection & insurance , it means when you want to sell your house, one less hoop to jump through; honestly I think its a necessary BS scam
Old 04-20-2020, 05:19 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,333 Times in 1,444 Posts

Does anyone have firsthand knowledge of a subterranean termite warranty claim (the warranty only covers subterranean not dry wood) within The Villages outside of the historic district? if every homeowner paid $150 per year that comes to over $10,000,000 annually split mostly between Deans and Massey, I would love to have a piece of that action. You can buy the same chemicals they use and do it yourself. There is very little wood in a block/stucco home, vinyl sided has more. As far as re-sale the buyer, if he chooses, could have a termite inspection just as they do up north. Many homeowners choose not to continue the warranty but that is totally up to the individual. In buying a new construction home, you also can feel safe not paying for title insurance which is expensive and TV will give you a proof of payment affidavit for all materials and labor performed on your home at no cost but you have to ask for it.
Old 04-20-2020, 06:14 PM
Sage

Not an issue. Just arrange a termite inspection - just a phone call - done it several times in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
We pay $$ year for an inspection & insurance , it means when you want to sell your house, one less hoop to jump through; honestly I think its a necessary BS scam
Old 04-21-2020, 04:52 AM
Default Yes, it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleudeturquoise View Post

At least two of the couples in my neighborhood have had termite infestations. Dean's was very prompt and responsible in dealing with the problem and damages. It is well worth it!
Old 04-21-2020, 05:14 AM
Default Termite Renewal - good practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tghoul View Post
We have always renewed the termite protection. Two reasons: 1) Coverage if needed; 2) If we sell our house, they produce a termite letter that is required (was in Tennessee).
Old 04-21-2020, 05:16 AM

Which neighborhood are you in?
Old 04-21-2020, 05:23 AM

If you have ever had termites you know the answer. Cheap insurance, speaking from experience with termites up North a number of years ago.
Old 04-21-2020, 05:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Does anyone have firsthand knowledge of a subterranean termite warranty claim (the warranty only covers subterranean not dry wood) within The Villages outside of the historic district? if every homeowner paid $150 per year that comes to over $10,000,000 annually split mostly between Deans and Massey, I would love to have a piece of that action. You can buy the same chemicals they use and do it yourself. There is very little wood in a block/stucco home, vinyl sided has more. As far as re-sale the buyer, if he chooses, could have a termite inspection just as they do up north. Many homeowners choose not to continue the warranty but that is totally up to the individual. In buying a new construction home, you also can feel safe not paying for title insurance which is expensive and TV will give you a proof of payment affidavit for all materials and labor performed on your home at no cost but you have to ask for it.
Good advice until you got to Title Insurance. To all- get all of the info before deciding against Title Insurance.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:19 AM

Termite insurance is a very good perk when the time comes to sell your home...many won't buy a home without it. It also provides peace of mind for the current owner. Folks from the north don't realize the danger of termites in the south. And don't forget to have insurance for flying termites. They are two separate policies. I know of several flying termite infestations in TV.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleudeturquoise View Post

look at it as just another form of insurance

your choice to self-insure or pay someone else to carry the risk

Termites are quite common in Florida

so, to quote Clint Eastwood "Do you feel lucky?"
Old 04-21-2020, 06:31 AM

We had and sold three homes in TV. All with no termite service contracts. No buyers balked at this, nor even asked us if we had one. All Buyers had inexpensive termite inspections as part of their home inspection (Usually required Anyway if you are getting a loan on the Home ) . Bayer makes a very good pest/ termite killer that you can buy at Lowes ( in a blue container ) that is great for around the foundation exterior that kills all types of bugs.
Closed Thread

Tags
termite, renewal, service, protection, continue

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.