Are some Villages locations better than others?

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2019, 01:47 PM

The houses seem closer together South of 44. They do not have a Square in their Area. They have to drive a ways to get to the grocery store. There is a State Federal Prison close to Fenney and also Rock Stamping Company that is close by. They do not have any Championship golf courses down there. Not as pretty as the rest of the Villages.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:53 PM
Default Are some Villages locations better than others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdecco View Post
The houses seem closer together South of 44. They do not have a Square in their Area. They have to drive a ways to get to the grocery store. There is a State Federal Prison close to Fenney and also Rock Stamping Company that is close by. They do not have any Championship golf courses down there. Not as pretty as the rest of the Villages.

The houses seem closer because they are closer. As a result, few homes have a private pool. Not for me, yet they are selling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by PrudentLifer; 10-01-2019 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njholt View Post
If golf is not important to you, I would look outside the Villages area's and avoid the monthly maintence . There are addtional really great locations outside the Villages. Probably would be a very good idea to check them out...
We have lived in other master planned communities such as The Villages. The Villages, with all the amenities it offers and the very unique infrastructure for our golf cart life style, has very low POA fees.....the lowest fees we have experienced. One more reason for us purchasing in The Villages.

Last edited by coffeebean; 10-01-2019 at 08:55 PM.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:47 PM

I would seriously recommend you consider renting for a year and explore the villages from end to end. Ideally rent a furnished place and put your stuff in storage for a year or sell it all up there and buy new when you finally find a place you love! We moved down in December with the intention of renting for a year while we figured out where exactly we wanted to be. We bought in the southern end because it was so beautiful and so natural versus the northern crowded end. But again we do not have the shopping And the conveniences of the northern end. You really have to be here for more than a few days to make your life choice.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barborv View Post
Im very curious were you wound up buying. I am in the process if buying and I am staying away from the Morse Blvd. side because of the power lines. Is that what youre talking about? I own property already in the Villages which I rent long term, so I am very familiar with the areas. Curious where you suggust.
Thanks
Not quite sure what you mean by this. I know there is some sort of tower with lights at the top that is visible in Caroline. Is that what you are referring to when you speak of the power lines? We live in Mallory which borders Morse Blvd. and I can not see any power lines from where we live in Mallory.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:56 PM

I can honestly say, with absolutely no bias, that the Village I live in, is unequivocally the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2019, 06:34 AM

Everyone in the Villages thinks they live in the best village! I have lived in Chatham on Brookhaven Place in the Mulberry area for sixteen years and love where I live, it IS the best! Our kids also in north and we like being on the north side for the same reasons you mentioned. Mulberry is close for easy shopping, banking and eating out access. Easy to zip out "the back" door to 301 or 27/441 and avoid roundabouts. Ride our golf cart to Spanish Springs, Sumter Landing and Brownwood all the time, no big deal. We are retired, we enjoy the ride. You don't need to golf to have a golf cart. Do buy a gas one so you can go for rides and not worry about battery failure. You will love living here.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:23 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce zapolski View Post
South of 44 is the future of The Villages nobody has what they have down there but it’s getting better and better and it’s in Sumter County .ck it out
Main draw back south of 44 is there are no restaurants or major shopping to be found. Might take years for that to happen. I also thought the streets in that area to be narrow compared to those north of 466. We love our area in the northern part of The Villages. Easy access to everything and with the new First Responders recreation center going in we too will have a Putt & Play, beach entry pool, walking trail and so forth. Less crowded up here when the snowbirds are in town.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

To follow up on the new area south of SR 44 being developed. When I moved here in 2011, the first homes to go on the market south of 466A had open house August 2011. I went to the open houses, they have 5 homes on Braddy Ct. in the Village of Sanibel.

From 2011 to 2015 they built and sold 5,000 homes between 466A and SR 44. Brownwood Square opened in 2013. I was there for the first big event. It was Florida Lottery and the doo-whop group The Flamingos performed, I have a video on youtube. They estimated the crowd at 7,000, which is still one of the largest I've seen. At the time, the only food available was City Fire.

It's now six years later and Brownwood Square is still growing and finally reaching a potential. I think the area south of SR 44 is going to be a work-in-progress for the next ten years before restaurants, championship golf courses, squares, daily music, and eveything else comes to life.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:49 AM
Gold member

Tall Trees and Polo Ridge are two great locations. The homes in this area go quickly. Near everything and less crowded when the birds are in town.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:53 PM
Default Are some Villages locations better than others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post

From 2011 to 2015 they built and sold 5,000 homes between 466A and SR 44. It's now six years later and Brownwood Square is still growing and finally reaching a potential. I think the area south of SR 44 is going to be a work-in-progress for the next ten years before restaurants, championship golf courses, squares, daily music, and eveything else comes to life.

Why wait 10 years when everything is available further north? At our age? 10 years? Nope.

Last edited by PrudentLifer; 10-03-2019 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,743 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Not quite sure what you mean by this. I know there is some sort of tower with lights at the top that is visible in Caroline. Is that what you are referring to when you speak of the power lines? We live in Mallory which borders Morse Blvd. and I can not see any power lines from where we live in Mallory.
There are high voltage power transmission lines running parallel to Morse Blvd spaced about 1/4 mi apart that pass over Golf courses just west of Pine Villages area.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrudentLifer View Post
Why wait 10 years when everything is available further north? At our age? 10 years? Nope.
The southern locations are great for the younger retirees. They have the time to wait and enjoy what will be in the years to come.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
There are high voltage power transmission lines running parallel to Morse Blvd spaced about 1/4 mi apart that pass over Golf courses just west of Pine Villages area.
Where is Pine Villages?
Old 10-04-2019, 07:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,743 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Where is Pine Villages?
Southwest corner of Morse and 466a north of the the Sharon Rose Wiechens Preserve.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, desirable, locations, area, metro

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.