Are some Villages locations better than others?

Closed Thread
Old 12-26-2019, 10:18 PM

Lots of good points and ideas presented here! So many different preferences and so many different villages to choose from.
TV resident since 2003 and on third home. Here are a couple more observations for consideration.
If you are a Veteran and the VA Outpatient clinic is important to you, it is located on the Northern end of TV. The villages North of the Savannah Center would be closest. We live just South of 466A and it is nearly a 30 minute drive by car from home to VA.
I have always avoided Village of Belvedere because of the schools. Traffic is horrendous during the week.
Lower bonds up North and more likely to be paid off. Some areas are gas, some all electric.
If swimming is important to you (as in actual lap swimming), do not count on the sports pools. Very few lap lanes at odd hours, due to all the volleyball and classes. Get a home/villa with either a swim spa or a pool you can attach an endless pool system to or a lot with room to put one in. Plus you can't beat the convenience, privacy, and not having to wait on a lane or having someone cut in and steal your lane.
Morse Blvd and Buena Vista are the main North-South corridors. LOTS of roundabouts, which are scary. I often use 301 to go around rather than through. If real malls are important to you, there are 2 small ones. 1 is in Ocala, closer to the northern half of TV and 1 in Leesburg, closer to the southern half.
Again, all depends on personal preferences. Best of luck!

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 12-27-2019, 06:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
Tall Trees and Polo Ridge are two great locations. The homes in this area go quickly. Near everything and less crowded when the birds are in town.
Just wondering how tall trees got its name?
Old 12-28-2019, 05:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandsdavis View Post
South of 44 has no Savannah Center, no Sharon, no Studio Theater, and currently no Town Square. While there probably will be a Town Square at some point, I doubt if the most southern areas will get any kind of musical and dramatic venues that are at all comparable to the three I mention for many, many years. The "old" Villages, north of 44 in my opinion will be more "vibrant" for activities, and the areas south of Rt 44 may well be more beautiful places to live.
Speaking to a long time very experienced TV sales representative, I was told there will eventually be a town square south of 44. However, the town square will not be like the three town squares north of 44. What that means is up for interpretation. The sales rep didn't elaborate because it is an unknown.....just that the town square south of 44 will be "different".

Last edited by coffeebean; 12-29-2019 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-29-2019, 08:20 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Being in the middle of golf and shopping is important to me.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, desirable, locations, area, metro

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.