Some will not like this message

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2019, 10:46 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomp679 View Post
It is interesting how the dominant users of TOTV club turn everything as an attack on the Villages. Then again, thats why I titled the post. You can put your head back in the sand since the future will not impact you, just move on to the next topic concerning dogs pooping in your yard.
Perhaps it is your head in the sand that needs refreshing. I actually don’t position myself for The Villages other than to point out this is a fixed income territory. You can’t get blood from a turnip, as they say.

What you, and a couple of other posters, insist is that minimum wage earners are an imbecile crowd with no hope for bettering their circumstances. However, legal immigrants move here daily and find America to be an opportunity waiting to be applied.

I know of a fireman who is currently working 3 jobs, his wife works one and she goes to school for nursing. They also have 2 children to raise. Yes, they started minimum wage but they live by the example their parents set and work hard for what they want.

People live up to your expectations and the “give them YOUR money” crowd has labeled and corralled those individuals with hopelessness. I will reiterate this, unparented children grow into clueless adults as to how to be successful and schooling needs quality teachers who are innovative and encouraging.

Wages in all areas of the country mirror cost of living in those communities. Should minimum wage be fair? Of course, but it should not match the wages of skilled labor. It is entry level employment.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomp679 View Post
It is interesting how the dominant users of TOTV club turn everything as an attack on the Villages. Then again, thats why I titled the post. You can put your head back in the sand since the future will not impact you, just move on to the next topic concerning dogs pooping in your yard.
When a debate is lost than jabs come next. You have stated your opinion and many debated your opinion. Many of us find this place to be just right and do not feel that we have to defend how we got here or worry too much about how other people will run their lives and find their happiness. No matter what we are told, we are not all born equal, all dumb, all bright, all lazy, all hard working, we are not at all equal because of genetics, because of fate, because of accidents, because of a lot of things, but we are all born valuable. And if we have a conscience, a feeling heart, a sense of responsibility we will each do good to others and for others as directed by our parents and our religion. Or we won't. You cannot legislate or direct morality.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:24 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to the square

WOW !!!! Someone who finally gets it..
Old 10-16-2019, 02:03 PM
TOTV Moderator

This thread has degenerated into personal attacks and a number of off topic replies. It has run its course and will now be closed.

Closed Thread

Tags
pay, disparity, message, concern, economic

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.