Soon to be a Villager!!!! WOOHOO!

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2015, 08:29 PM

Congratulations on your move. It is so exciting!!
Old 03-15-2015, 07:55 AM

Welcome to Hillsborough Glinds8451! You picked a great village! Lots of friendly people and the neighborhood groups are really helpful to meet people. Hope to meet you soon!
Old 03-15-2015, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

As the newest "newbie" to TOTV (post #1), I'd like to join everyone in welcoming you to the Villages. Like so many others, my wife and I never thought we would live in Florida. I researched retirement property in AZ, CO,AR,NC, SC and other places in FL. I generally found that most golfing communities had 1 course and 1 clubhouse that accounted for all the activities. Shopping/groceries/banks, even gas could be miles away by car. I was aware of TV; my brother bought a place on Mallory Hill but passed before we could get a chance to see it.
We came last March on a lifestyle preview and were amazed at just about everything, especially the people. It took 3 days to buy our new home in Lake Deaton, after driving the real estate agent nuts (Thanks, Marty) Our new neighbors are wonderful, I can't say enough good things about them. We've only spent 3 weeks there since closing last April, but with only a bed, TV and kitchen table we didn't want to leave 2 weeks ago. I moved my retirement plans up from 3 years to 3 months, will sell our house in the frozen tundra this summer, and then-----Frogdom!
So once again, Glinds, welcome. And to all those from Central and Western NY that posted on this thread, it is still snowing here this AM. YUK.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:25 AM
deestatham

CONGRATULATIONS! I applaud you! And my husband and I will be right behind you. Our house goes on the market in 2 weeks and if all goes as planned, we'll be in TV in September. I'm coming down May 10 to find a rental which we plan to do for a year until we can find a house. We're in Maryland and, like you, this has been a horrible winter. I wish you and your husband many years of BLISS in TV. Who knows, maybe we'll meet!!
Old 03-15-2015, 12:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by deestatham View Post
CONGRATULATIONS! I applaud you! And my husband and I will be right behind you. Our house goes on the market in 2 weeks and if all goes as planned, we'll be in TV in September. I'm coming down May 10 to find a rental which we plan to do for a year until we can find a house. We're in Maryland and, like you, this has been a horrible winter. I wish you and your husband many years of BLISS in TV. Who knows, maybe we'll meet!!

Dee....suggestion...if you do find a long term rental....Consider the possibility that you will find the "perfect" house to purchase in the first couple of months. You don't want to be stuck with the balance of the rental or the chance of losing the perfect house. So, see if you can negotiate an escape clause in the rental in case you buy sooner than later. Not speaking from personal experience, just stories I have heard from others too many times over.
Old 03-15-2015, 04:29 PM
deestatham

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
Dee....suggestion...if you do find a long term rental....Consider the possibility that you will find the "perfect" house to purchase in the first couple of months. You don't want to be stuck with the balance of the rental or the chance of losing the perfect house. So, see if you can negotiate an escape clause in the rental in case you buy sooner than later. Not speaking from personal experience, just stories I have heard from others too many times over.
Thanks so much for the advice. Friends of ours found their house in a month! Sure hope we are that lucky. Can't wait to see Maryland in my rear view mirror!
Old 03-15-2015, 04:36 PM
deestatham

And please let me add my two cents worth and say I wish you the very, very best in TV. My husband and I are putting our house on the market in 2 weeks and hoping to be TV by September if all goes as planned.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:21 PM

Dee, the above is true. We came down and had a two month rental and found a home and settled inside of three weeks. Big waste of money for the rental, especially during high season. Keep that in mind.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.