Soundproof Bedroom Doors?

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2020, 09:01 AM
theruizs

[QUOTE=roob1;1713019]Will it work for the sleeping person, when one rises earlier then the other and is using the main area of the home early in the AM? Don't think so...

I have been using Hearos Xtreme ear plugs to sleep for years now. I don‘t hear my wife snore, or when she is up and around the house before me. Can’t sleep without them now.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:07 AM

One person is up before the other, and is in the main house area. This disturbs the sleeping person, who can not wear earplugs.

Please no more headphone suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2000 View Post
I just don't get the problem, unless you are trying to go to bed while a party is going on in the rest of the house. If its the TV, Bluetooth or TV ears will solve the problem.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIskra View Post
When we built our house, the sales person in the design center offered us the option of "solid core" doors throughout the entire house (including the closet doors). It was not an expensive option, so we took it. We also had all our bedrooms, bathrooms, and the laundry room insulated. Our doors are super-heavy. They feel rock-solid, unlike hollow doors. Our bedrooms are very quiet, but I think it's a combination of the doors and the insulation.
We did the same although just around the master bedroom. We haven't moved in yet so I'm glad to hear it works
Old 01-27-2020, 09:57 AM

My dog & I travel frequently but she barks at every voice or door closing so I use a free App on my iPhone called White Noise. It has a lot of options but she does best with a constant dull rumble so I use the oscillating fan. Works wonders! I like to sleep to the sound of waves too.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:05 AM

what kind of noise are you trying to avoid? coming from the living room or the other way?
Old 01-27-2020, 11:59 AM

We didn't have the option to get a different door or increase the insulation. It's not just TV noise. It's the clanking of dishes and silverware, microwave beeping, cabinets closing, etc. The slightest noise carries. We try to be really quiet in the main area if one of us sleeps in and use a white noise machine in the master bedroom.
Old 01-27-2020, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALadysMom View Post
....It has a lot of options but she does best with a constant dull rumble so I use the oscillating fan. Works wonders! I like to sleep to the sound of waves too.
Since I grew up in St. Petersburg and we didn't have A/C in the 60's, I always slept with a fan. I've gotten to the point that if I travel I take a fan with me. Cannot sleep in a totally quiet room, must have the fan or in some motels the A/C unit is in the room by the door and will work as well. I've been through about 4 fans in my life.
Old 01-27-2020, 03:46 PM
Default Falling

I have been using Hearos Xtreme ear plugs to sleep for years now. I don‘t hear my wife snore, or when she is up and around the house before me. Can’t sleep without them now.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. That means you won't hear your wife if she falls and can't get up...
Old 01-27-2020, 08:24 PM

We also use a cheap fan. Perfect. Cannot hear anything outside bedroom. Even when family visit we sleep soundly.
Closed Thread

Tags
doors, soundproof, bedroom, interested, remedies

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.