Water pumps in Deluna?

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2022, 10:13 AM
Default Water pumps in Deluna?

We have a diesel water pump that runs 24/7 by our house. It is pumping from a street drain to the pond behind us. There is also one a block over that is doing the same thing. We have had possession of our home since 7/5 and this pump has run since then 24 hours a day. Anyone know what's up with this? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-29-2022, 11:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioshooter View Post
We have a diesel water pump that runs 24/7 by our house. It is pumping from a street drain to the pond behind us. There is also one a block over that is doing the same thing. We have had possession of our home since 7/5 and this pump has run since then 24 hours a day. Anyone know what's up with this? Thanks in advance.
Call District Property Management.

Main Office
1026 Canal Street
The Villages, FL 32162

Phone: 352-753-4022
Old 07-29-2022, 11:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Anyone know what's up with this?
It sounds like the pump is doing what it is supposed to do.

Do you have a Laurel Oak model? My wife and I like to look thru the houses being built and a couple months ago we walked into a nice Laurel Oak that was beside a pond with a water pump running. We wondered if that noise would discourage a buyer. If you bought it, I guess the answer to our question was No.

Last edited by VApeople; 07-29-2022 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-29-2022, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
It sounds like the pump is doing what it is supposed to do.

Do you have a Laurel Oak model? My wife and I like to look thru the houses being built and a couple months ago we walked into a nice Laurel Oak that was beside a pond with a water pump running. We wondered if that noise would discourage a buyer. If you bought it, I guess the answer to our question was No.
Yes, we have a Laurel Oak. We bought our house over the phone not knowing that the pump would be here. I certainly hope it isn’t permanent. As of this morning there is one across the pond running also.
Old 08-01-2022, 08:19 AM

We just bought there also and settle tomorrow. I saw in a video by Papa Pineapple that there's a pump in front of our house running water down the easement in or out of the basin. Do you hear the one in front of your house? I think that would be annoying if it runs 24/7, but hoping with air conditioning on we don't hear it. It wasn't there when we were shown the house virtually, but I was made aware of an easement, but didn't know that's how it would be used. Hopefully only temporary. We're on Whittington Circle - maybe we're neighbors We won't be moving down until this winter though.
Old 08-01-2022, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystwarien View Post
We just bought there also and settle tomorrow. I saw in a video by Papa Pineapple that there's a pump in front of our house running water down the easement in or out of the basin. Do you hear the one in front of your house? I think that would be annoying if it runs 24/7, but hoping with air conditioning on we don't hear it. It wasn't there when we were shown the house virtually, but I was made aware of an easement, but didn't know that's how it would be used. Hopefully only temporary. We're on Whittington Circle - maybe we're neighbors We won't be moving down until this winter though.
I watched that video yesterday. Yes, I think you are 2 doors west of us. We closed on 7/5. I can’t say, for us, that it’s bothersome, just trying to find out what it’s there for. I have a call into the authorities.
Old 08-01-2022, 08:43 AM

Thank you for the update. If you get an answer and could post it, I'd appreciate it.
Old 08-03-2022, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,503 Posts

Quote:
This sounds like something to be very concerned about. 😠
Old 08-03-2022, 07:51 PM

We closed yesterday and the builder rep didn't know who it belonged to but was going to find out. You can't hear it in the house and she said it's definitely a temporary thing. The problem for us was that their hose is leaking pretty badly onto our grass 24/7 right now. She said they'd try to get the people responsible to replace the hose but they'd replace any damaged grass if it got over watered.
Old 08-03-2022, 08:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,051 Times in 2,740 Posts

Does the pump drown out the noise from the Turnpike? Sounds like a good reason to not buy a home over the phone or virtually!
Old 08-03-2022, 08:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,503 Posts

Quote:
Water flows down hill. If they (who ever they are) is pumping water out of the street drain, that sounds like the street drain is the low spot in the drainage system and "they" are trying to keep it from filling up and flooding the neighborhood!?!? The drain isn't draining like it should, perhaps? Poor design or build? I would be very concerned if I had purchased a home in that area. You need honest answers, now. There is a problem. If there wasn't a problem those pumps wouldn't be there.
Good luck!
Old 08-04-2022, 01:59 AM

We live not far from there and would also like to know what you find out about the pumps. At first there were some trucks and workers there, but I haven't seen them in a while. My plan was to stop and ask them, but I haven't seen anyone around there for several days. If you get a factual answer from someone, please post it here.
Old 08-04-2022, 06:23 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,961 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystwarien View Post
We closed yesterday and the builder rep didn't know who it belonged to but was going to find out. You can't hear it in the house and she said it's definitely a temporary thing. The problem for us was that their hose is leaking pretty badly onto our grass 24/7 right now. She said they'd try to get the people responsible to replace the hose but they'd replace any damaged grass if it got over watered.
Damaged grass is the least of your problem I would consider flood insurance for the future.
Old 08-04-2022, 06:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Call District Property Management.

Main Office
1026 Canal Street
The Villages, FL 32162

Phone: 352-753-4022
I repeat!
Stop the guessing.
Old 08-04-2022, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I repeat!
Stop the guessing.
As suggested, I called last Friday and was told by the person who answered the phone that she didn't know but would have the appropriate party call me back. no call yet.
Closed Thread

Tags
water, pump, run, home, 7/5

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.