Attic storage in Lily

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2011, 07:19 AM
Default Attic storage in Lily

We just accepted an offer on our home so we will be headed down soon so you can imagine the excitement running through our minds. What we can't remember is in the Lily was there some attic type storage or is that extra?

Also, I heard mention in another thread to get the stackable doors to the lanai, are those the doors that open wide open so it seems like the living room flows right into the lanai as one room?

All of the information on these posts are wonderful and we can't wait to move to our St. James home.

Norm and Gisele
Old 03-13-2011, 08:55 AM

Our friends own a Lily and Yes..there is attic storage. The attic entrance is in the garage.
As for the stackable doors...again Yes...they open up where you don't see hardly any of the door. It is especialy wonderful on a balmy day . The breezes are heavenly. We also had a Hide-away screen installed on our front door after we moved in. The screen springs back where you don't see it when you're not using it. When our front door and sliders are open at the same time, the cross ventilation is unbelievable!
Old 03-13-2011, 08:58 AM

By the way... I forgot to say "CONGRATULATIONS"! You're gonna love it here!
Old 03-13-2011, 10:28 AM

Pookie

Where did you get the hideable screen door and/or who installed it???

Thanks

Brooklyn, NY
Margate, FL
Gillette, WY
Cape Cod (Brewster), MA
Coral Springs, FL
Pittsburgh, PA
Boynton Beach, FL
Pennecamp 10/29/10
Old 03-13-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa & Giggi View Post
We just accepted an offer on our home so we will be headed down soon so you can imagine the excitement running through our minds. What we can't remember is in the Lily was there some attic type storage or is that extra?

Also, I heard mention in another thread to get the stackable doors to the lanai, are those the doors that open wide open so it seems like the living room flows right into the lanai as one room?

All of the information on these posts are wonderful and we can't wait to move to our St. James home.

Norm and Gisele
Hi Norm and Gisele,
We are also going to build in St. James and we are also going to build the Lily! We are going down the end of the month to make our selections. The stackable doors are really nice, I just wonder what the difference in price would be? What street are you building on? We are building on Yankee Clipper Run.
Our home in VA just went on the market a few days ago and today is our first open house. I'll be so much happier when the selling process is over.
Looking forward to meeting you and all our other new neighbors.
Linda and Sandy
Old 03-13-2011, 11:29 AM

Congrats Pa and Giggi, Can't wait to get there and meet everyone.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Default Can't wait!

I am going to have a list a mile long when I make my selections! Wow, but it will be worth it.

We bought on Ashville Ave in St. James. We are headed down at the beginning of April to pick everything out. We will have to be out of our home by April 29th so we will start heading down even though our home won't be ready. I figure we will rent until we can move into our new home. So much excitement!

I can't wait to meet everyone!

Norm and Gisele
Old 03-13-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman931 View Post
Pookie

Where did you get the hideable screen door and/or who installed it???

Thanks
Also want to know where you got the hideable screen door and installer.
Thanks so much
Old 03-14-2011, 07:22 AM
Veteran member

Bought my hideaway screen door at Lowe's and they installed it.

Gongy, looks like you will be neighbors of my sister. She just moved into #70.

Welcome!

Becky
Old 03-14-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Bought my hideaway screen door at Lowe's and they installed it.

Gongy, looks like you will be neighbors of my sister. She just moved into #70.

Welcome!

Becky
I would love to meet her when we come down the end of the month. What model did she build?
Linda
Old 03-14-2011, 03:59 PM
Veteran member

Gongy, She built a Whispering Pine and would love to meet you! Just knock on her door when you are down.

Becky
Old 03-14-2011, 04:37 PM

We are 5 weeks into building our Lily in Tamarind Grove just down the street from St. James and will be closing/ moving in 4/15. As someone stated there is attic storage above the garage and comes partially floored but you have to install the pull down steps. When our home just had framing on the interior I noticed a very large open attic area above the Master Closet.
Now that our Drywall is installed it appears that the builder installed an atttic access opening where I surmised I might place one. I hope that is what it appears to be. All you St. Jamers from Ohio getting ready for your big get together sounds like fun. Michelle and I raise our Martini glasses to you.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:11 PM
Default Lifestyle and hotels are booked up!

Called today to book a lifestyle for April 6th to 9th for our big decisions that we need to make for our wonderful new home and they are completely booked up. We were given a list of the hotels in TV and when I went online everyone but one showed up as being full. We booked the first two nights at the Waterfront but as of now we might be sleeping in our car rental for the last night. I am sure that something will come up, if not we have friends in TV that we can stay with.

Does anyone know if the design center staff are interior designers? Any help coordinating my colors and tile etc would be so helpful. It is amazing to walk into the model homes and see how some of them are designed.

I know we will have so many questions as we continue to go through the process. Thanks for all your input and for all the congrats.

Norm and Gisele
Old 03-14-2011, 07:11 PM

Norm & Giselle....I just went thru the design process last weekend with Melissa Stafford and she was wonderful...very patient and she showed me several of the models she decorated herself... If you see things in the models or spec homes that you like be sure to write the address down as they can look it all up in the computer....for instance, you could take all the virtual tours on line and look at all the pictures of the spec homes for kitchen combos you like...they do have a lot of recommended combos for u to choose from such as tile, countertops & paint as a package and lighting and hardware is a package...there are a lot of decisions to be made so try and visualize things ahead of time (think about tv placement beforehand as an outlet may have to be added)...it took me about 10 hours over 2 days but Melissa said most people just point to the inside of a model they like and say do it... It's fun so try and enjoy the process....r
Old 03-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Smile Attic & Doors

Yes there is room in the attic for plenty of stuff. We have a Lily and I don't think there is the option of stackable padio doors, ask your sales rep. From Buttonwood.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.