South Villages Dusty

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2021, 08:46 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,303 Times in 561 Posts
Default South Villages Dusty

I was at the Strawberry Festival last night which was excellent! If we have a Super spreader event this would be it! We wore masks just to stop the nasty dusty air from entering our old fragile lungs! It seems that the new construction has created some sort of Dust Cloud over the South End of Town! The cars were covered in dust and not pollen! Definitely carries a strange odor down there!

Last edited by RICH1; 02-27-2021 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 02-27-2021, 08:50 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
I was at the Strawberry Festival last night which was excellent! If we have a Super spreader event this would be it! We wore masks just to stop the nasty dusty air from entering our old fragile lungs! It seems that the new construction has created some sort of Dust Cloud over the South End of Town! The cars were covered in dust and not pollen! Definitely carries a strange odor down there!

Maybe related, Maybe not.....................What is the big nasty smell by Big Cypress Rec Center?? Last few days. Right behind BC, there are non-Villages homes and they have done a lot of open burning over the years. Not sure if the smell is coming from there. Smells like rotting bodies. Anyone know??
Old 02-27-2021, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

You don't like dust and smell?
Under our new lockdown system of living in squalor, our rooms are thick with the stuff, and the smel is dire.
You get used to it though after a while!
Old 02-27-2021, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

The dust and dirt issue is not limited to the "South" villages.

We are just South of 466 (built 2004) and over the years have concluded this area has the dirtiest air of any place we have ever lived. Dust in the house is an ongoing, never ending battle.

We have adjusted/acclimated.
Old 02-27-2021, 10:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
...It seems that the new construction has created some sort of Dust Cloud over the South End of Town! The cars were covered in dust and not pollen! Definitely carries a strange odor down there!
I go to Brownwood a few times a week for MVP. If you wanted to see dust, you should have been in the south area in 2017 when they excavating Trailwinds Commercial Park 165 acres of land. That was farm land before and for months they removed all the trees except in the very back and leveled the ground and turned over every blade of grass until it was one huge dirt site. Installed sewage, street lights, curbs and streets, it was probably a 9 month project and I drove 466A west almost every day and that a dust cloud for sure.

Those who lived directly behind in St. James and Tamarind Grove and across 466A in Pinellas suffered the worse. I'm a 1/2 mile away and I couldn't keep my car clean all that time. I couldn't wait until that was done and Lowes opened. The home in the right corner are in St. James.

Wildwood Rising - Lake & Sumter STYLE

The Villages Florida
Old 02-27-2021, 10:10 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

I believe what you are seeing is pollen. We live south of 44 and there is no dust except near where construction is going on. However, the oak and pine pollens are getting very thick and are all over the cars and even running down the edges of the street when irrigation water or rain comes down. If you have a lanai that is not enclosed you will see it on your furniture and tables.
Old 02-27-2021, 11:23 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I believe what you are seeing is pollen. We live south of 44 and there is no dust except near where construction is going on. However, the oak and pine pollens are getting very thick and are all over the cars and even running down the edges of the street when irrigation water or rain comes down. If you have a lanai that is not enclosed you will see it on your furniture and tables.
Yes, it's pollen.
Old 02-27-2021, 02:08 PM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I go to Brownwood a few times a week for MVP. If you wanted to see dust, you should have been in the south area in 2017 when they excavating Trailwinds Commercial Park 165 acres of land. That was farm land before and for months they removed all the trees except in the very back and leveled the ground and turned over every blade of grass until it was one huge dirt site. Installed sewage, street lights, curbs and streets, it was probably a 9 month project and I drove 466A west almost every day and that a dust cloud for sure.

Those who lived directly behind in St. James and Tamarind Grove and across 466A in Pinellas suffered the worse. I'm a 1/2 mile away and I couldn't keep my car clean all that time. I couldn't wait until that was done and Lowes opened. The home in the right corner are in St. James.

Wildwood Rising - Lake & Sumter STYLE

The Villages Florida
I remember that. Playing Southern Star in a dust storm. It went on for miles.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

My eyes have been burning for almost 2 weeks because of the pollen, it's gotten worse in the past couple of days. Gets into your sinuses too, and your lungs. It will be gone shortly before the lovebug invasion.
Old 02-27-2021, 10:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,077 Times in 2,744 Posts

I finally found an advantage of an electric golf cart that I can relate to, the dust and pollen won’t clog the air filter : )
Old 02-28-2021, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Maybe related, Maybe not.....................What is the big nasty smell by Big Cypress Rec Center?? Last few days. Right behind BC, there are non-Villages homes and they have done a lot of open burning over the years. Not sure if the smell is coming from there. Smells like rotting bodies. Anyone know??
I sure hope not. Have you ever smelled human decomp? I guarantee that you will never forget it. Could be small animals.
Old 02-28-2021, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
They were applying some type of toxic smelling fertilizer on Mangrove Thurs. we had to wear a mask while standing in the parking lot at Sweetgum/Mangrove. It was really bad.
Old 02-28-2021, 06:35 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Where do you think your sewage goes?
Old 02-28-2021, 07:31 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medtrans View Post
They were applying some type of toxic smelling fertilizer on Mangrove Thurs. we had to wear a mask while standing in the parking lot at Sweetgum/Mangrove. It was really bad.
Ok. Thanks. It was nasty.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,902 Times in 914 Posts
Default Genius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I finally found an advantage of an electric golf cart that I can relate to, the dust and pollen won’t clog the air filter : )
Genius!
Closed Thread

Tags
south, dusty, dust, sort, cloud

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.