Southbound Golf Cart Path at Traffic Light at Colony

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2022, 06:29 AM
Platinum member
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babber View Post
I just had to wait for three traffic light cycles to head southbound at the Cart path at Colony Rec Center. Why, because two of those lights a single party wanted to turn left (west) to the Colony Plaza and created the backup because traffic heading North was heavy. Solution .... Please- please- please move up, so that traffic continuing south to the tunnel can pass. It is very frustrating to wait when someone can simply move forward and avoid the situation.

I also suggest that a bypass lane for southbound traffic is created so that the traffic jam doesn't occur.

Thank you
Yep, had to wait there Thursday because some sweet lady did not want to budge turning left towards Colony Plaza until no carts heading north.
Old 01-08-2022, 06:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post
Yep, had to wait there Thursday because some sweet lady did not want to budge turning left towards Colony Plaza until no carts heading north.
She needs to reference this from Florida DMV:

"Is it legal to pull into the intersection when turning left?
If you're turning left on a Green Light, then Yes, you should pull into the intersection when you're yielding to oncoming traffic and/or pedestrians."
Old 01-08-2022, 06:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I just had to wait for three traffic light cycles to head southbound at the Cart path at Colony Rec Center. Why, because two of those lights a single party wanted to turn left (west) to the Colony Plaza and created the backup because traffic heading North was heavy. Solution .... Please- please- please move up, so that traffic continuing south to the tunnel can pass. It is very frustrating to wait when someone can simply move forward and avoid the situation.

I also suggest that a bypass lane for southbound traffic is created so that the traffic jam doesn't occur.

Thank you
It would not be a bad idea to make two lanes of cart traffic at that light. Widen the cart path for about 50 feet to allow for a left turn lane. Currently, if just two carts are turning left, it wouldn’t matter if the first cart pulled out into the street. The lane would still be blocked by the second cart. The only real solution would be to add that left turn lane. A left turn arrow would also be a help if they put in that lane.

Last edited by noslices1; 01-08-2022 at 06:51 AM.
Old 01-08-2022, 06:58 AM
Platinum member

I recall when some folks didn't think that light was needed - an extravagance they said.
Old 01-08-2022, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Last week I saw a cart crossing 466A at the light between Walgreen's and Bob Evans
Going towards Walmart.
Might have been street legal
Old 01-08-2022, 07:30 AM
Veteran member

Turn lane, a 4 lane, do you remember how long it took to get a traffic light there? It was so badly needed for many years as traffic there increased, carts were lined up to make a turn after coming in on the golf cart lane from either direction.
Old 01-08-2022, 07:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:

Thank you
Wouldn't that be east?
Old 01-08-2022, 07:39 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,072 Times in 429 Posts

This will be a self correcting problem come April.
Old 01-08-2022, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Too bad a LEO didn't see it
Street legal cart?
Old 01-08-2022, 07:47 AM

- also I see this with cars also. You're in the dedicated left turn lane. Green light, but the car ahead of you stays at the line, rather than entering the intersection readying their turn when oncoming traffic clears. Then the light turns red, and they are still at the line. Nobody able to turn. It is completely legal to enter intersection and prep for that left turn.
Don't slam me..... "you're retired, so...... yada."
Old 01-08-2022, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Last week I saw a cart crossing 466A at the light between Walgreen's and Bob Evans
Going towards Walmart.
Once you get on that street, you have no choice but to cross 466A. The sign saying 'no carts beyond this point' is too far down the road and needs to be moved back to the corner.
Old 01-08-2022, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,246 Times in 4,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Wouldn't that be east?
I thought the same thing... I even pulled up a map...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-08-2022, 08:15 AM
Veteran member

I saw 2 bicyclists hold up over 10 golf carts yesterday. They were heading northbound on Morse and they were in a split path section so carts couldn’t pass. The rude thing was both bicyclists were tired and not pedaling much so probably going 5 mph. The bicyclists should have pulled over to rest and let all the carts pass.
As for the cart not pulling up to turn left, people do that in a car too.
People are oblivious of their surroundings when in a cart and a car. How many times do you have to follow a cart going maybe 15 mph and go 5mph around corners and they know they have people behind them and they won’t pull over or speed up until you try to pass them then they go over 20?
Old 01-08-2022, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvtv View Post
- also I see this with cars also. You're in the dedicated left turn lane. Green light, but the car ahead of you stays at the line, rather than entering the intersection readying their turn when oncoming traffic clears. Then the light turns red, and they are still at the line. Nobody able to turn. It is completely legal to enter intersection and prep for that left turn.
Don't slam me..... "you're retired, so...... yada."
Couldn't agree more

Also, a bit off topic: I am so tired of that "you're retired....." BS

List of things to do in retirement:

Play golf
Play pickleball
Play softball
Go swimming
Go play games at a Rec Center
Go to a club meeting
Listen to the music at the squares
Walk on a nature trail
And about another 1000 things

Then there's waiting unnecessarily in traffic for idiots that don't know how to drive.

Which do the "you're retired" crowd prefer?????
Old 01-08-2022, 08:18 AM
Send a message via AIM to CCristella Send a message via Yahoo to CCristella

Get a life!
Closed Thread

Tags
traffic, southbound, colony, move, please-

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.