Play pickleball
Play softball
Go swimming
Go play games at a Rec Center
Go to a club meeting
Listen to the music at the squares
Walk on a nature trail
And about another 1000 things

Then there's waiting unnecessarily in traffic for idiots that don't know how to drive.

Which do the "you're retired" crowd prefer?????
You forgot "Telling people to "get a life, why are you in such a hurry?" on TOTV"...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-08-2022, 08:47 AM

Be thankful. The light has only been there about 5 years. We had to cross
without one for many years.
Old 01-08-2022, 08:48 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,755 Times in 3,630 Posts

I just had to wait for eight minutes to head eastbound at the Cart path at Eisenhower Rec Center. Why, because seven of those minutes a single turtle wanted to turn right (north) to the rec center and created the backup because traffic was heavy. Solution .... Please- please- please speed up, so that traffic continuing east can pass. It is very frustrating to wait when a turtle can simply speed up and avoid the situation.

I also suggest that turtles learn to fly so that the traffic jam doesn't occur.

Old 01-08-2022, 09:07 AM
Default Turn lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babber View Post
I just had to wait for three traffic light cycles to head southbound at the Cart path at Colony Rec Center. Why, because two of those lights a single party wanted to turn left (west) to the Colony Plaza and created the backup because traffic heading North was heavy. Solution .... Please- please- please move up, so that traffic continuing south to the tunnel can pass. It is very frustrating to wait when someone can simply move forward and avoid the situation.

I also suggest that a bypass lane for southbound traffic is created so that the traffic jam doesn't occur.

Thank you
If a turn lane was installed for the carts going into Publix that would solve it.
Old 01-08-2022, 09:19 AM
Sage

Back to the original O.P.---you should have lived here before that light went in....it was a bit like that ALL the time back then.

I think people (especially the ones who are seasonal or rent) get really nervous driving here and it shows. LOTS of bad judgement calls. I wonder how many had driver's instruction back in the day. Our school system had a classroom (all year) first then in the summers it was behind the wheel to get comfortable on the roads and streets before getting their license. I see folks ALL the time who don't do the simple things---we all know them---like their blinkers and observing signs....then add all the other dumb things.
Old 01-08-2022, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksfirefighter View Post
If a turn lane was installed for the carts going into Publix that would solve it.
Old 01-08-2022, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post

carts that are at the light crossing Colony Blvd. and turning left towards Publix, etc. don't pull forward far enough to the cart behind can go around heading toward the tunnel under 466a. therefore all carts behind(quite a few this time of year)can't continue south.

Many folks never consider how their actions might effect others. So for the lack of moving about 4 feet forward many carts have to keep waiting at the light.

Sure it's seems inconsequential, but to those of us with someplace to be it seems quite numb of some folks to not consider others.

Sometimes getting older means getting dumber. Sometimes some folks have always been inconsiderate.
A lot of people don't understand basic traffic laws. To turn left, car or cart, you pull into the intersection, wheels straight, and, then turn when the coast is clear!
Old 01-08-2022, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babber View Post
I just had to wait for three traffic light cycles to head southbound at the Cart path at Colony Rec Center. Why, because two of those lights a single party wanted to turn left (west) to the Colony Plaza and created the backup because traffic heading North was heavy. Solution .... Please- please- please move up, so that traffic continuing south to the tunnel can pass. It is very frustrating to wait when someone can simply move forward and avoid the situation.

I also suggest that a bypass lane for southbound traffic is created so that the traffic jam doesn't occur.

Thank you
If you had been living here before the light was installed, you'd still be sitting there!
Old 01-08-2022, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk3531 View Post
A lot of people don't understand basic traffic laws. To turn left, car or cart, you pull into the intersection, wheels straight, and, then turn when the coast is clear!
One could also argue that you should not enter an intersection until you can proceed. If that rule is followed then it doesn't matter whether the left-turning cart is behind the line or has moved forward, your lane is still blocked so you should not proceed into the intersection.

I suspect the law doesn't provide for the cart that is second in line to change lanes and chart its own course around any obstacles in its way. The second in line should move straight through the intersection when it is clear which it would not be if the cart ahead was still waiting to turn.

NOTE: I'm not arguing against reality. I'm not arguing that the left-turning cart shouldn't move up so that carts can go around; I realize this is going to happen and I will be doing it myself. I just pointing out that using "the law says" as a mantra can sometimes lead to unexpected and undesirable situations.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 01-08-2022, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
If you have someplace to be, then allow enough time to get there for crying out loud. You are the one with the issue, not the person who is legitimately making a left hand turn when it is safe to do so. Your time is no more valuable than theirs...
Why the rudeness? Get some sleep, take a walk, beat some newspapers. The Constructive comments are much better received.
Old 01-08-2022, 10:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnobles View Post
In addition if you come through the tunnel by Sarasota there is no stop sign on the Sarasota side. Please don’t stop unless an emergency. You’ll be rear ended
To avoid being rear ended don’t follow so close.
Old 01-08-2022, 10:26 AM
Veteran member

You are wasting your time by complaining on TOTV. The only way to fix the problem is to have someone there telling them to pull up. A sign may help, but not fix.
Old 01-08-2022, 10:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
If you have someplace to be, then allow enough time to get there for crying out loud. You are the one with the issue, not the person who is legitimately making a left hand turn when it is safe to do so. Your time is no more valuable than theirs...
"If you were going to be sick you should have planned ahead and turned your assignment in early."

Don't complain that the airlines canceled your flight, you should have allowed enough time to get there.

Don't complain that I95 was a parking lot for 19 hours, you should have allowed enough time to get there.

Don't complain that the Chesapeake Bay Bridge was closed two hours for an overturned semi, you should have allowed enough time to get there.

Don't complain that two left-turning carts held up traffic for three cycles of the traffic light, you should have allowed enough time to get there.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 01-08-2022, 10:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
"If you were going to be sick you should have planned ahead and turned your assignment in early."

Don't complain that the airlines canceled your flight, you should have allowed enough time to get there.

Don't complain that I95 was a parking lot for 19 hours, you should have allowed enough time to get there.

Don't complain that the Chesapeake Bay Bridge was closed two hours for an overturned semi, you should have allowed enough time to get there.

Don't complain that two left-turning carts held up traffic for three cycles of the traffic light, you should have allowed enough time to get there.
Apples and oranges.
Old 01-08-2022, 11:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Apples and oranges.
I was thinking more cilantro and coriander.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Closed Thread

Tags
traffic, southbound, colony, move, please-

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.