Southern Oaks-Fenney Lack Recreation Buildings?

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2018, 07:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Read JoMar's post above.

Our neighbors just sold their home and bought in Fenney for all of those reasons.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
We moved here in 2014, south of 466A in Hillsborough. People kept asking why we bought so far south. For us, it felt more open, had a different vibe and provided the type of neighborhood we were looking for. No mistake on our part, it has met all our needs and now, it seems, we may be in the middle of The Villages.....who knew? A few families that moved here when we did have sold their homes and have bought in Fenney? Why?.... different style homes, different and new amenities.....different reasons but makes their life happier. With all the upgrades, commercial growth that will show up, eventually north of 466 may not seem to belong in The Villages, might be referred to as the old section which of course will only be in the eyes of the buyer. Times are fun and exciting these days, it's great to live in TV
I'll bet Harold may be stirring up a whirlpool in the fountain over that one. FYI The Developers live north of 466.

Last edited by rustyp; 02-13-2018 at 07:52 AM.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:02 AM

Thank you for the link to what was in the newspaper last Friday. Ah, I should have written we have strong ties to Ocala with some family and friends. Being in the Calumet area where we are renting provides easier access to Sr 42 then 484 to Ocala’s Oak Run.

P.S. Since I’m from the greater Boston area, I feel a lot better knowing we’d be closer to Whitey while he’s in prison LOL! All kidding aside thank you everyone for your input, it’s appreciated.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:14 AM
Sage
Default Southern Oaks-Fenney Lack Recreation Buildings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscottb View Post
Like you just mentioned, it almost does not feel like the Villages. That is exactly why people like it. It's away from all the craziness, but yet still the Villages.

The craziness of which you speak occur in the “common” areas. Once I enter my neighborhood and up my driveway the “craziness” doesn’t exist. This applies to any neighborhood no matter how close or far away from the craziness it is. There is no logic in the getting away from the craziness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2018, 09:24 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

With all the upgrades, commercial growth that will show up, eventually north of 466 may not seem to belong in The Villages,

Right, the Morses are moving their entire compound plus the Polo Fields down south so they will still 'belong in The Villages" They will also jack up the Savannah and the Sharon and trailer those down as well.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:42 PM
Location: Pennsylvania, new home in the Village of Osceola Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
You must have missed last Fridays Daily Sun. Here is a link you might find interesting. BTW if in the future you did not live where you are renting what does the 22 miles have to do with it?
Plans for New Recreation, Golf, Shopping and Connectivity in The Villages Well Underway
I did miss this! Thanks BogieShooter. WOW! Can we ask for anything more? This is MORE! The planners sat down and said, "How do we make the most of this opportunity?" THIS IS THE ANSWER! Soooo, impressive, for everyone.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:46 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
With all the upgrades, commercial growth that will show up, eventually north of 466 may not seem to belong in The Villages,

Right, the Morses are moving their entire compound plus the Polo Fields down south so they will still 'belong in The Villages" They will also jack up the Savannah and the Sharon and trailer those down as well.
I think you mistaken about the Polo Fields, they are actually in the process of building a new set of pole barns adjacent to the fields. I doubt they'd spend money on the renovation and additions if they were just going to move the fields. The developer is building new offices in Brownwood across from McAllisters, that appears to be a business decision to locate their offices nearer the area where they'll be working for the next 10 to 20 years.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
I think you mistaken about the Polo Fields, they are actually in the process of building a new set of pole barns adjacent to the fields. I doubt they'd spend money on the renovation and additions if they were just going to move the fields. The developer is building new offices in Brownwood across from McAllisters, that appears to be a business decision to locate their offices nearer the area where they'll be working for the next 10 to 20 years.
Thank you for clarifying this. Mark Morse just built himself a new home with a gate just across the street from our Village on 466. I was pretty sure they aren't moving the family compound. It is really big in there.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:22 AM

I don't know what you're talking about. When we moved in into our new home in Buttonwood in 2011. We were told the the FINAL BUILDOUT will be completed in 2015. So what you're saying can't possibly be true.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post

I'm pretty sure this is satire folks.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Thank you for clarifying this. Mark Morse just built himself a new home with a gate just across the street from our Village on 466. I was pretty sure they aren't moving the family compound. It is really big in there.
While I see new construction going on in the compound I missed the announcement that Mark was building himself a new home. Any place I can view that announcement ? Any description of the domicile ? How many homes are back in there ? Do all the family members live in there ? Mark, Tracy, Jennifer, their children, grandchildren, inlaws ?
Old 02-14-2018, 09:49 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I'm pretty sure this is satire folks.
Correct, thought it was obvious
Old 02-14-2018, 10:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
While I see new construction going on in the compound I missed the announcement that Mark was building himself a new home. Any place I can view that announcement ? Any description of the domicile ? How many homes are back in there ? Do all the family members live in there ? Mark, Tracy, Jennifer, their children, grandchildren, inlaws ?
Go to sumterpa.com and type in a name.

We watched it go up. Very nice house. You can see it from 466. Lotsa trees planted. View will be obscured when they grow bigger.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:10 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Several weeks ago, I drove down to Fenney to use the put and play with friends and parked along the road in front as did everyone else putting that day. Yesterday, I drove past to notice a Wildwood police car parked behind the one empty car parked alongside that road.

I assume the police decided to alert motorists that parking in the golf cart lane is not to be an accepted practice in Fenney from now on. All other cars were parking on a side street that tees into the main road in question.

There were a lot of cars parked in this construction area with no golf carts in the golf cart parking area. That will change in the future but cars will still be used by many. So, be careful where you park when using this fun Village facility.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
When we all have dinner next Friday we will ask

Tags
meeting, recreation, folks, southern, club

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.